I was diagnosed with myofascial syndrome after neck surgey. My family MD is also suggestinf fibromyalgia.
What type of doctor specializes in these two things?
I don't know where to go for diagnosis and treatment.
Thank you

Hey there. I had a rhumatologist diagnose my fibromialgia. I take cymbalta 60 mgs and motrin for it in the mornings. Sometimes have to take more motrin a few hours later in the day at work. Then at night I take tramadol and imipirine so I can sleep with less pain. Exersize at least a half hour a day.
Water exersizes are usually recomended for this infliction. Take one day at a time, try to have a good attiutude as best as you can with the pain you must live with each day. Rest when you feel you need to rest, you should not push yourself too hard when you are tired and achey. That is the best advice I can give with my experience.

I believe an immunologist would diagnose and treat fibromyalgia, as I believe it is characterized as auto-immune