I removed my internal hemorrhoids a week ago. I still under a lot of pain, but I've a plane ticket for the 24th of this month, would I be okay to fly? I'm scared. thanks for your attention.

I am 7 days post op and also is suppose to fly in 4 days. I'm really not sure how I am going to sit for a 5 hour flight. Just wondering how you did on your flight?

IF you must fly, (and having done it 8 days after THD surgery and would NOT do it again), get a wheelchair to get around in. You will probably get a special place on the plane to sit (and it is close to the bathroom). My flights were only 2 1/2 hours (2 times). I was exhausted when we got to our destination. Good luck to you!

Well, 11 days post op I did fly 5 hours to Las Vegas. (anything for a party right?) I did ok, the airlines gave me the bulk head seat. I was really wiped out from the long day of traveling. Took it really easy once at the hotel. Sat in the pool for hours with cocktail in hand. It did help ease some of the discomfort too. It is 3 weeks to the day from my surgery and still a bit sore but getting better each day.

Anyone taken a flight after having an external haemorrhoid removed? I assume the surgery is far less complicated and recovery time far quicker. I had the op monday and am flying Friday.