I have a stage 2 external hemorrhoids. The size is small but it's so debilitating I cannot sit for longer hours. After every BM I feel some sore on my butt. Do you recommend surgery? my colorectal surgeon said that he only recommend surgery stage 3 and 4.

Hi! At stage 2 there is still a chance that you can get rid of them with a healthy diet and more active lifestyle combined with creams, suppositories, sitzbaths and so on. That's why the surgeon doesn't recommend it I guess. You could try that of course! Did he give you any advice on those topics? On the other hand, from my experience I got to say that I don't believe in permanent cure at this stage. For me it was always ok for a while and then they came back. So I decided I decided to have them removed with THD before it got worse and I had to do hemorridectomy...The difference is that at stage 2 you can those small, ambulant surgeries that are faster and less painfull. From stage 3 that's difficult. How about getting a second opinion from an expert? Good luck!

I think THD is for internal hemorrhoid, Im not so sure. Mine is external hemorrhoid about the size of a green pea. Every time I sit on a chair or in the car for too long, I feel a slight constant pain. Last 3 months ago I was diagnose by my gastro as thrombosed hemorrhoid and the doctor prescribe me to take daflon 500mg 6 tables per day for 4 days straight. It did work a little bit but still I have the pain. I have had hemorrhoid since 2005 but only this year that I felt the pain when I'm sitting. In your own oppion is it reasonable to opt for a surgery when you feel debilitaiting every day? even the doctor said he does not advice me to. 

Thd is for internal as well as external hemorrhoids as far as I know. Doesn't mean I advice you this treatment but it's an option. I really guess it's best to get a second opinion. The doctor should know those things for sure and see what is best for your individual case.