8-| how soon after gallbladder remova surgery is it safe to fly

Hi Eileen! This really depends on a number of things. Your age, your recovery (any complications) and what your doctor says. Normal time is six weeks post surgery and that is if everything goes as planned and you do not experience any problems or complications after your surgery. Don't expect to be on the plane the next day. Your doctor is going to schedule a post-op exam some time following the surgery. You will need to be available for that. You should be able to travel with no pain and discomfort about six weeks after, again, with no complications. When is your surgery scheduled? Are you having complete removal of the gallbladder? Keep us posted and best of luck to you on surgery!

Most patients can return to work within seven days following the laparoscopic procedure depending on the nature of your job. Patients with administrative or desk jobs usually return in a few days while those involved in manual labor or heavy lifting may require a bit more time. Patients undergoing the open procedure usually resume normal activities in four to six weeks.

You should be able to fly after laparoscopic surgery within 1 to 1 and a half weeks. The open procedure will require significantly more healing time, probably closer to 3 weeks.

Yes tomorrow 18th Jan/17 complete removal of Gallbladder

is it safe to fly after gall bladder surgery

Hi I have to get my gall bladder remove April 30 however my anniversary is may 9 I was wondering if it is too early or is it safe for me to fly to Las Vegas. I already purchased my tickets to change the date they want 429$ for me and my husband. I didn't get any kind of insurance because I didn't think this was going to happen. I'm so upset I just don't no what to do. Can I wait until I come back to get the surgery