hi, can anyone help? everytime i fly i get a rash on my body mostly inside of legs, shoulders,stomach, armpits, back and penis/balls. i am fine before i fly and dont stress about flying. This is getting worse everytime i fly and i am considering not flying anymore as this rash wrecks my holidays, i have tryed all sorts of rash creams non help, only thing that helps is pain killers. After being home for 3/4 days rash goes but always starts after getting off an airaplane, rash is very small red dots and while rash is there skin feels very dry. Please help as this is ruining my holidays. Many Thanks

Had this happen to me as well in the same locations on the body.  Not every time that I fly, though.  Just recently connected the rash to flying after my daughter suffered the same thing following a flight.  A terrible itch goes along with the rash.  Were you able to find anything to relieve the itching symptoms until it goes away?

I too get a rash. I fly a lot and have no anxiety about flying. I Only get it in one area and it looks like a spider bight or something. I get it about 50 percent of time. I'm assuming it has to be the cleaning agent used on airplane seats

I have the same problem.

I get rashes on my feet, my ankles and all the way it spreads up to as high as my knees.

I get it everytime i go on a plane, to a HOT place

i.e. when the destination i get off at is in summer only

i've flown to Southeast asia, Japan, europe etc, and will only get a rash if it is summer.

Its so true it ruins holidays. I was in Cinque Terre in Italy and obviously in swimsuit and shorts, I was so conscious about my rash and its scaring people off as it looks like something that is contagious, but it really isnt. It's some allergy to something on the plane that is triggered by the heat when i get off the plane.

I have this problem and much like Layla the rash only pops up when I land in hot climates. The first time it happen I went from ATL to Puerto Rico. This time I went from NY to ATL and the climate was notcibally different. 

My rash appears on my neck. I treat it with tea tree oil and an herbal shea butter infusion. 

Hi I have just had the same thing after flying have you found out a treatment that may be useful?

I recently returned to Australia from UK (summer there, winter here) and got a similar rash on my arms and legs. Took about a week to get rid of it with antihistamine and cortisone cream. 3 days ago I returned from QLD back down to VIC (so warmer to cooler cimate) and again have got the same rash! So my problem is not after the flight GOING to the warmer cimate, it's when I RETURN from the warmer climate. I only seem to get it on the one flight, not both ways, so it can't been something on the plane, surely! Am I allergic to coming home???

I had this happen too. My dermatologist saw it and said: Have you been on a plane recently? Did you do a lot of walking on your trip? Seems that you can have broken blood vessels in your feet and a virus can enter through these broken vessels and travels up from the feet. I had prednisone and a cream.

petechia might be a possibility

Never happened to me during my air travels but I have seen several tourists (as a physician) with petechia - a cluster of red/purple dots - on medial aspects of ankles and thighs with or without moderate swelling of legs. In my understanding it is caused by damage to capillaries by gravity and changes in cabin pressure during compression and decompression. Does not require any treatment, though I suggest bed rest and support hose/elastic bandages for a couple of days and same for prevention during future flights.

This thread is so helpful! My husband and I are traveling in Rome and his ankle rash began when he landed. After 3 days (and significant walking), he saw a dermatologist this morning who prescribed an antibacterial. The antibacterial has done nothing and after walking 10+ miles today, the rash is darker. Does a dark red/purplish hue ever occur with these broken blood vessels after 4 days? In other words, does this scenario ever get worse before it gets better?

Almost every time I travel I get a rash on my face only, and it burns and irritates me a lot, it last for about 4 to 5 days, does anyone know any treatment to this?

I got a rash on my abdomen near where the metal seatbelt on the plane was resting. It lasts for a month or more with terrible itching. It is definitely worse in the summer. Last week I rode four planes and put the seatbelt buckle in exactly the same place everytime for an experiment. Yep within a week I had the rash in the same area that the buckle was. Last summer when it happened I went to dermatologist and he said it looked like a nickel allergy.

I wonder if you were travelling to a hot climate countries example south east Asia like Thailand, Malaysia..
Since i was young, I always have the rashes and itchiness especially at the area behind creases of elbow, legs, neck, ankles. I have seen so mang doctors and specialists but the problem never been solve. It comes and goes.
Now I have noticed that this problem happens only when I am in hot climate countries or during summer especially when you sweat a lot at those particular body parts that I mentioned. I am from Malaysia and been living in middle east for more than 1p years. All the itchiness gone when i am living in middle east and i get the rashes whenever i am back home for holiday!
Believed that there is no cure for this kind of skin disease, eczema.
Can't do much about it, i just try to stay fresh and use Evian facial mist to clean the area, wipe it dry. Keep the area dry all time.
Hope this might be helpful for those who has the same problem like me.

Sorry for few typing error. I meant 10 years in middle east.
Also I forgot to mention that I am a flight attendant. I never get rashes while I am at work in the flight.