Hello I'm Dawn

I would like to relax somewhere warm like the canaries whilst recovering from the removal of my gall bladder by keyhole surgery. This would mean a flight of 2-4 hours, and I would like to go about 2 weeks after the op. Would It be dangerous for me to fly so soon? and what is the safest time to fly during recovery?

I will be having my gall bladder removed in two weeks, and will be flying to China in six weeks, which leaves me with a four week rest period after the operation.

I have been advised by the doctor that you should not fly for at least six weeks after the operation, due to potential blood clotting.

If all runs smoothly with the operation and there are no complications, I will most probably fly to China.

If anyone has any information regarding flying after gall bladder removal, please let us know.

All has gone well with the operation and so far all is ok (touch wood). The surgeon has given me the all clear to fly to and tour China.....so I am a happy man, for I can go live the dream.....

Flight is four weeks after operation.