I've been suffering from extreme jock itch for a long time. My balls were the only itchy part. But on Sunday morning I woke up scratching the sides of my penis badly. I looked and was shocked to see the forskin swollen all around. The doctor did a culture test of the swollen forskin. Then he prescribed and cream called ketoconazole for my jock itch. I stopped the cream after three applications as it gave me very very intense itching. The outcome of the crazy itching was that my balls looked and felt hard no redness, blisters etc. My penis itched badly too resulting in wrinkled red penis head and still swollen on the forskin.

I tried most of the over the counter such as tanactin, lotromin, etc. none worked.

Did the jock itch spread to my penis and making my forskin inflammed?

1st i there ANY chance that you have an STI/STD?

IF you are ALL clear for this then you have a MAJOR yeast infection - Google Penis Yeast Infection Images - I'm sure you will agree! You need to take probiotics and also get on some major anitbiotics - while taking probiotics and acidopholus - as antibiotics causes more yeast buildup! Also you could buy a yeast infection kit - they even have different medicines now - other than suppositories that would not work on you ( 8-| ;-) ) wash the area with an antibacterial body was - such as Teraseptic - don't use scented products and try to air dry the area - DONT put talc on it or the area - it will just be a MAJOR mess and aggravation! NOW the TMI! Some people actually put either probitoic yogurt OR Tzasiki on the inflammed area! It is FILLED with bacteria that eat yeast and also soothes the itch! Just don't do this if you are going out!!!! ;-) Hope this helps, good luck and health!

Thanks for responding. I really appreciate it. Are you a doctor? I'm going to see my primary tommorrow and disuss this with him. I had an STD back in 1999 before I met my wife. I took antibiotics for that and was cleared. In 2000 I took a STD/hiv/herpes test and came out negative. And I been with her ever since.

Yeast infection? Is that different from those other types of medicines I tried to use? Tanactin, lotromen, benadryl, hydocortisone, etc. Are the yeast infection meds different from the ones mentioned? Can you tell me what brand name ones I should use for yeast infections? There over the counter right? Or do I have to get that from the doctor?

About the talc, the baby powder I used made it worse to itch! Your right!

Well today the swelling is going down and it doesn't itch however I still itch between the balls and the leg badly. I would have to leave a crowd to itch in the restroom!! Also there are secretions coming out of the head of the penis and its crusty too. What is this?

You have a BAD BAD yeast infection! did you google the pictures!? The OC's are Monistat etc. You could get your wife to get them - as you would get strange looks going into the feminine itch aisle! ;-) Cut down on ALL sugars ESPECIALLY pop, white sugar, white carbs these just are food for the yeast! I think your doctor should put you on Fluconazole - this is a pill for the yeast! You could try the Tzazsiki I have heard VERY good things about this - but of course you can't do much! Try and air dry as much as possible and wear loose cotton underwear! You need to have this tested and treated, it can start bleeding and splitting your testicles and even your penis! It sounds like a BRUTAL one so get some attention soon OK? No I'm not a doctor = BUT I am married and have 2 boys! So I seem to know a lot about penis's!!!!! 8-| ;-) XD

Yes I just did on the pictures. Yup that is similiar to mine. I'll try the monistat first. What is Tzazski? And is that over-the-counter too? I've never seen it on the counter.

My doctor today seemed incompentent in diognosing this. So he referred me to a derm that is scheduled two months away!!! Can you tell me about your kids? Did they have this problem? And if so, what did you use to cure this? Was it that you mentioned, "Fluconazole"? Thank you so much.

Tzaziki is a Yogurt DIP!!! ;-) XD You can find it at Lebanese stores - even most Safeways have them in their dip aisles! It is FILLED with Garlic - which is antifungal! Women use this - some women anyways - and it is has AMAZING properties to it! But of course it stinks and is messy! Floconazole is a pill anti fungal medicine - it is perscribed to women with yeast infections but of course this happens with men too! The problem with taking pills for yeast is that they also add to the yeast!!! So it's a catch 22, so if your GP gets his act together and then perscribes you the Fluconazole then DEFINITLEY eat Probiotic yogurt and also take Acidopholus pills - they sell them in the vitamin aisles also at health food stores! REALLY cut out white carbs and sugars - we don't drink pop and my kids aren't really into sugar! Also men usually get it from women who have had a yeast infeciton - as women have WAY more yeast in their systems then men do! Thus no Monistat for men!!!! ;-) There is a body wash - used before surgeries - I am pretty sure it is called Teraseptic - this is antifungal and is FANTASTIC cleanser so that will be in the Acne cleanser aisles!

To clarify, you smear the yogurt dip onto the penis and testies? Not eat it right? Safeways? wow I haven't seen those since I was like 13. They not popular around these parts. We have "vons", Ralphs, Albertsons. But I'm sure that product is there too.

And for the Teraseptic cleaner, is that safe to use on the groin as its on the acne aisle.

Ya I heard of the garlic thing works too. Some even smear the actual garlic clove on the groin. Do you think they have garlic pills? I'm going to start with the monostat first.

If you wanna know the outcome of my problems let me know so I can post up later.

You can eat AND smear it on - just don't before going out as people will be saying "can you smell garlic!!?" ;-) XD XD Yes any grocery store should have it! and rememebr to eat garlic and yogurrt - with probiotics in it! Like you stated try the monistat first!

Oh an PLEASE let me know how your penis makes out!!! I can't wait!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) XD XD

Good luck and remember start taking Acidopholus - regardless of what treatment you use! Also Cider Vinegar tablets are a good thing too!

Update:

Im still on OTC meds such as monastat 7. I spray loiterman powder to obsorb moisture all day. Its not itching terribly that much but now the side of my legs are discolored compared to my regular skin. They're dark grayish brown color. And the sides of my penis looks dry. The Penis head is really flaky. The skin is peeling and some of the skin looks red. And sometimes theres pressure when I pee and kinda stings when I pee. Is this the normal healing process?

So far I'm not itching like crazy. Maybe cause I used a antihistamine pill such as Claritin non drowsy. I don't want to use bynadrl cause that a drowsy one.

Also I was able to get an earlier appointment to see the dermatoligist that my doctor reffered me to. That was yesterday. I'm still skeptical whether a derm has any knowledge what a yeast infection looks like. Prior to the visit I read up on how you can do the home test for yeast infections. You spit in the glass and see if you spit dissolves in what looks like spiderwebs. Well, I looked like it did. I was convinced that I have a yeast infection.

She thinks it not a yeast infection. She prescribed me some steriod cream. Awwhhh!! What do you think of all this? What type of specialized doctor is good at this?

Thanks bambi

Hi hon! Just remember I am NOT a doctor - BUT I think that the brown grey marks on your inner thighs are scars and dead tissure! Try the Cortisone cream for 7 days and see! These are used for excema, psoriasis and diaper rash - which this is kind of like! I REALLY want you to stop the powder ok? It can have really bad consequences with such a bad infection! See how it goes for the next 7 days and are you taking probitoics and acidopholus?

I did alot of online reading on Yeast infections. What do you think of those "natural cures" such as coconut oil, or garlic gloves? Most artilces say to use any treatment for a least a month to rid all yeast infection.

In what form of food do you suggest on the probitiocs? Does activia yogurt have them? Thanks bambi

I am ALL for natural, taking Garlic and Vinegar pills is a gret thing! Even rubbing the Tzaziki dip is great too AND calamine lotion! Also soaking in a Epsom Salt bath - about 4 cups of Epsom salts to a warm bath and just have the water over the top of your thighs - this REALLY helps with rashes! Also oatmeal is a great one - put oatmeal in a nylon and tie it around the tap in your bath, let the hot water run through the oat and it creats a milk - which is great! ALSO there are even acidopholus milk, you can drink it AND dab it on the groin! Any probiotic food/drinks are great!

please send me good advice as soon as possible .