My vagina has been severly swollen for several days now, its protruding greatly my vaginal lips. Its really sore, itchy, and quite inflamed. I cannot get wet during sex, so I gave up on that until I can figure out whats wrong with me.

It has a thin layer of some sort of flaky white crusty stuff, yet it has so abnormal smell. With each day my clit and everything inside the lips is getting bigger and more bothersome. Please help me and tell me whats wrong if you've had a similar discomfort.

It sounds like typical yeast infection. See your gyn and have this over with. It won't go away on its own. The more you postpone the exam, the more problems you will have.

Let me know because I think I have the same thing you do!!!!!!!!!

I have the same thing! I am going to go get it checked tomorrow!

i just had itching and it was red so i asked about it and they gave me a pill to take for my yeast infection but now its swollen and itchy and red and burns.

I have the same thing. But my problem is that I went to the gyn about three weeks ago and they told me I had a UTI and bacterial vaginosis i took the antibiotics for both but now I have the exact symptoms you are experiencing.... can I also have a yeast infection?!

I had the exact same about a month ago, went to the doctors and got it checked, turns out it was gardnerella, just a bacterial infection, so got a weeks dose of antibiotcs, finished them, now it seems as though ive got thrush or somewhat of the sort, im really really itchy and swollen and now its really sore! Not sure if its the antibiotics that have given me thrush or what %-) xx

Anti-biotic can give you thrush apparently or so I've read last few days.
I have the same symptoms. Figured it was either just a little irritation from a change in tampons last week or the starting of a yeast infection. Either way the treatment i got for it just in a shop did nothing but make it worse and now it burns and im swollen to the point of i don't think i could get a tampon up there if i bloody tried lmao. Doctors first thing in the morning for me hah.

Antibiotics can cause a definite yeast infection. So, most likely the other problems you were diagnosed with are cured and you suffer from a yeast infection now. Go to a pharmacy, walmart, or even a grocery store (most have this) and get the monistat treatment. Works very well in a day! Make sure to wear protection in your underwear during the time you use monistat because it causes discharge for about two days. That is normal, though. Good luck!

I had the same problem many years ago. It was because I was wearing thong underwear and my jeans were too tight. It was causing friction down there and it made it inflamed and red. I took baths to help with the swelling used some over-the-counter vagisil or something like that and it cleared up in a few days. You could have something more serious but this is also a possibility. It is worth looking into.

I have just noticed this morning, that one of my inner vaginal lips is very very swollen, it looks like mick jaggers bottom lip! I'm 21 weeks pregnant and have normal discharge from pregnancy. Also very itchy and it's sore when I walk, it rubs on my clothes. Does this sound like the same thing? I called my gyn but can't get an appointment until next week. Any suggestions of what I can use? Thanks.

I ahve had this before as well. it was after i was on aibiotics for strep throat. i took canestan for yeats infection and it cleared right up. i recently had it again and i was just on antibiotics about a week ago.

Had oral surgery last Friday and started my menstrual same day. About three days ago when removing my tampon there was some slight irritation in vaginal lips, itchy. Yesterday they were burning, swollen, inflamed, and protruding. I rarely use any drugs like monistat, because I think drugs cause other problems in the body. I do not douche either. I keep my body on the natural side, I try. I cannot say when I have had a yeast infection. Drinking probiotics or eating yogurt (most yogurts have live cultures...probiotics), I guess this has kept my system balanced. So between going to dentist to get metal fillings (possible mercury exposure) removed, not eating healthy or wanting to eat this last week, not wanting to drink water (drinking the required or close to that amount should be a great yeast overgrowth preventative), just pure lazy the last few days about that, and whatever the dr. gave me for my surgery....yesterday my vagina was so unbalanced! I tried pouring probiotics drink on tissue and inserted it. It helped. Relief also came when I drank probiotics (Good Belly found at Whole Foods), or water, and green tea. Went to sleep last night and got up to pee...ooooooouuucchhhh! My own urine was burning me! Hopped on computer did some reading. Ahhhhhh at last and really good treatment for my body/chemistry. I read about sitting in a pan of saltwater. I'm not sure how well regular table salt will work for you, epsom salt is usually pretty natural. I use IODIZED SEA SALT in my house for cooking. Omg did this work and FAST! Warm water, pan, iodized sea salt and pain went away immediately. I sat in it for close to ten minutes. I feel almost normal. No pain, swelling gone, vagina retreated/shrunk back in place, no itching and about to drink 8 glasses of water today, starting with sparking mineral water, San Pellegrino. I hope this helps! Now at 6:50 am and been up for over two hours, I will sleep tight! PS. I also blowed dried my vagina on low with a blowdryer. I'm gonna keep her dry and aired.

my vaginal is very itchy and starting to swell up on one side of my vag lip...what is that?

I have the same thing. Itchy and swollon, I got it a week after being sexually assulted. I saw a doctor after the attack, but this problem came later. I'm scared to see another doctor, plus it costs so much. From what I've read, no one found that anything the doctors gave them helped anyways? Will this just go away on its own?