One day I was masturbating and realized that under my foreskin, down past the glans a little was raw and reddish probably from friction(I dont use lube, the skin slides enough). The next morning my foreskin itched really badly, I had to scratch it was so bad, luckily when I took a shower it went away. Next morning again the itching and my foreskin was slightly red and tender, I thought it was just from scratching it. The morning after my foreskin was big and swollen, reddish-pink, itchy, and there was this ring of crusty stuff around the top because down underneath was more wet and moist than normal. When I took a shower I managed to pour enough warm water over it to be back to pull the foreskin back like nrmal and found out the skin down there was puffy and irritated, some of the skin was coming off as it would whena cut has been under a band ais and is healing, and on the glans near the urethra(pee slit) there was a pinkish rash like thing that was slightly bumpy. Its only been one day since it got puffy and I cant stand much more, I'm doing a lot of sctive stuff this weekend and right now it hurts to run because of the swollen foreskin rubbing up against my boxers. Anyone know what this is, how it happened, and most of all how to make it go away!

PS: I seriously doubt its an STD because I'm a virgin and still underage, I've heard myths about getting an STD from a toilet seat but I doubt it.

I too have had the same problem. You should use some type of lube or lotion, and also clean yourself when finished masturbating. Being uncircumcised your penis works properly as a mucus membrane and secrets its own protective moisture. Frequent dry and uncleanly masturbation will only make your problem worse. If you still see problems after more than a week I would suggest telling your parents that you have a personal problem and that you would like to see a doctor. Don't be scared. They are doctors. They have seen everything. It is like addition and subtraction to them, and they will only help you, not judge you. I hope I helped you out. Take care of yourself and your penis. And thank your parents for not cutting off part of your penis.

I have these symptoms in that same order to a T and from the same activities. The only thing I would mention more is that there is a "tightening" of the fore skin now. I have applied moisturizing lotion with some relief but this is not a cure so far. I read a post with similar symptoms and a yeast infection was mentioned.

Any further advice?

i too have all these symptoms with the tightness soreness skin swelling itching. Any body know what it is. i went to the docs and got a cream but its useless.

To be totally honest it sounds to me like you may have masturbated a little too much. You can actually develop a rash from overuse, so you would need to stop using your penis for a bit so that you can let the skin rest. Also, if you do have a foreskin, try not to get water up there for a bit so that you can keep from irritating the glans. I hope that this helps you. Keep us posted on your recovery.

I suffered from this quite a few months back, and this is going to sound embarrassing, but what you're suffering is actually a penile yeast infection.

I know it sounds crazy, but the foreskin of of the male penis is the perfect environment for a yeast infection. Men don't get them as often as women, but they do occur.

To fix it: go down to your local grocery store or pharmacy and pick up some vaginal fungicide (Monistat or anything with the active ingredient Miconazole works).

It should come in a tube, just squeeze it out onto a cotton swab and gently apply it under the foreskin 3 to 4 times a day. To be honest, you can't actually over-apply the cream, so don't feel bad applying it frequently. Make sure you apply it at night so it works while you're sleeping too! Long story short, if you take a shower, or notice that the cream seems to have absorbed fully or has rubbed off, be sure to apply some more.

After a day or two, you will notice that most of the symptoms will be drastically reduced. Keep using the cream for about a week, or for a few more days after all the signs and symptoms are gone. Remember, just because you're feeling better and it looks like its been cured doesn't mean that the infection is gone!

Hey, i have been having the same problems for about a week now and i was just wondering if there was a certain age that you would have to be to be aloud to walk into a pharmasist buy it and walk out without the cashier asking how old you are and getting some akward look like you get when you go and buy condoms.

if the pharmacist speaks to you they may ask some questions but i cant see they'll refuse to serve you medication. As for condoms, ask at your GP or young persons C-card and they're free I think from 14 to 25 year olds...

ok the problem is that you have balinitis. its a yeast infection, you probably got it from not cleaning yourself up afterwards but there are other causes like you could have psoraisis (no this isnt an std and thats one worst case scenario) if your sexually active your partner may have thrush if she has even slightly then you could have an allergy to it or in absolute worst case scenario you could have thrush if you think you do go to a doctor because you could have diabetes. before all of that though get something like betadine (dettol is too violent and savlon only worsens it) if you cant get betadine find something that kills skin infections and use that on all areas of the head and most of the foreskin this should fix it within a few days but even if it feels better give it a couple of weeks with the same treatment and that should get rid of it completely

What i did when i had this was Wash my penis everytime it would hurt and it will reduce Little by little it might take up to a week but after it will be back to new

I masturbated a few times one day few days later my sack and penis is red and itchy all of a sudden and has been for about two days I was scratching it and later I went to the bathroom and noticed swelling of my foreskin should I see a doctor? I have no pain just really really itchy and foreskin swelling started scaring me

something similar happened to me. it went away without any help. im fine now, have been for 2 years. it only lasted 2-3 weeks

Neo sporine works for me....clears it up in a day or so...try to keep your manhood clean...if i dont take a shower and clean real good mine will start hurting...

Me too. I've masturbated three times in one day before with no problem, but now for a couple days the top of my foreskin is red, itchy, and swollen. I think I may have overdone it with myself huh? haha

Hi guys I am here to help you lot out as I have had exactly the same symptoms and it isn't a nice thing to go through... I also tried to use the internet to solve the issue as telling people about a problem with your twig and berries is embarrassing!! Your probably nodding away already...

Basically today I have done what most men wouldn't do and that is to get it checked out!!

Ready to here what it is??

It's a Fungal Infection or a Yeast infection (Thrush) which you can get from a young age or even in adult hood... I'm 28 and thought it might have been other things as you here so much c**p from other people what it could be!!

I would suggest getting it checked to be safe or you could try the cream that I am using which you can buy over the counter in your local pharmacy...

A cream called: Clotrimazole

Apply to the area for 2 weeks up to 2 -3 times a day... Read instructions first though guys!

Hope I have helped someone out there!!