I have made a habit of masturbating at night for a good amount of time. I am uncircumcised, but i still sometimes use lotion for an added sensation. I have always wiped myself completely clean of any and all lotion after masturbating with it, as well as semen. I even pull back the foreskin and fairly roughly wipe off the glans and parts of the head that are usually unexposed. I have been doing this for years, and before recently, haven't had any problem with it. I am also a virgin and haven't had sexual contact with a girl in over six months, so an STD is not an option.

I have been masturbating with lotion for about a week now that I'm home. Two nights ago, however, I woke up in the middle of the night to a severe itch on the underside of my penis and scrotum. I couldn't sleep, so I scratched it until I was comfortable again. I woke up to slightly reddened skin on the underside of my penis and scrotum. The itch went away during most of the day, but at night, again, I masturbated (this time without lotion). Yesterday, I woke up to slightly more irritated skin, becoming more red and becoming slightly swollen around the scrotum and foreskin. Now, my penis and scrotum are very red and irritated, and my foreskin is very swollen. It is also slightly painful. 

I have been reading a lot about yeast infections, and it seems like that is the probable cause of this. I don't know how, since I have been cleaning myself with the same routine for years and I haven't had any trouble until now, but nevertheless, it seems like the logical decision. However, what deters me from thinking this is that the day before I started noticing the itchy penis and scrotum, I was out in the woods doing yard work, and it is very probable that I rubbed up on either poison ivy, oak, or sumac. I think this because even though my genitalia was the first area to become itchy, and is at this point still the worst, I have been developing rashes on other parts of my body. Is it possible that I touched my penis before adequately washing my hands and the poisonous oils from the plant spread that way? Or is this just a side effect of a yeast infection? Is it a possible solution to just wait this out, or should I seek medical attention?

I applied Calemine lotion to all the effected areas (my genitalia, my stomach, my right elbow, and both wrists) this morning, and I haven't been scratching since then. However, I feel that there has to be a better solution. Thanks!

Perhaps you shouldn't really pull back your foreskin to wipe underneath. The penis head is very sensitive, especially if you're a virgin and had not had sex. Perhaps bacteria has gotten under your foreskin when you have been wiping and just spread. I'm sure it's nothing that can seriously hurt you, but perhaps just checking with a doctor might help?

This may be the result of an alergic process.

For instance, If you took any antibiotic in the last months they could create an alergic process. i.e. some Sulpha.

The foreskin may become affected, it gets swollen and you can not pull it back.

After some time it starts to itch. This itching can go into the scrotum skin as well. 

The eyelids may become swollen too.

After scratching, the foreskin and scrotum skin may become hard and cracks start to appear over the skin.

On severe cases the skin becomes completely dry and peels off. It may become very painful, specially if the foreskin peels off.
When the scrotum skin peels off it looks like huge dandruff pieces.

If you didnt take an antibiotic it may be something else you are alergic to, maybe some food.

If that is the case maybe some antihistaminic would be recommended.

If your foreskin peels off you definitely need to seek medical care to apply the appropiate cream to regenerate the skin and to avoid infections.

Hi, How old are you?.. how are you right now?

Well, there are several possibilities – the most obvious being the poison oak that you came in contact with. On the other hand, you could have a yeast infection or balanitis – an inflammation of the foreskin. In any event, cleaning the area thoroughly is recommended. A yeast infection can be treated with over-the-counter fungal treatments like those used for feminine yeast infection (monistat). You might also consider a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) with penis-specific vitamins and minerals that help to counter the damaging effects of masturbation.

Did ur problem ever go away? What type of medications did u use to cure it ?

Hi, I'm currently experiencing this same exact issue. I went to the three different doctors and they all agreed that the symptoms are due to poison ivy or contact dermatitis. The doctor prescribed a steroid cream (Lidex) for the rash on my legs. That has started to clear up after a few days of use. The doctor also prescribed prednisone for the itch between my thighs and swollen penis foreskin. The swelling seems to be going down. I've only used the pill for a day. Hope this helps!

I had the same issue and my doctor prescribed me with Trivomate Cream and it did work within 2 days it's great, but now I can not find it any where due to the manufactor problem not sending it to the market.

i have the same problem ....please help

hey i m having problem on the top of my penis. it is so itchy and swollen from couple of days. it pains alot..please help me out