Recently I contracted a UTI, which I believe was started by my period. My doctor placed me on antibiotics and sure enough, this caused a yeast infection. I treated the yeast infection with the 3 day CVS version of monistat. After the three days, the yeast infection has pretty much cleared up but the outside of my vagina is still sore. I did some investigating and I found that there is a sore line between my labia minora and labia majora. It's bright red and looks like a paper cut. It was also open and there was a small amount of blood. I tried using the cream that came with the yeast infection treatment over night on the sore, but it didn't seem to do anything at all to help heal it. I haven't had unprotected sex recently, so I'm pretty confident it's not an std. I haven't had any sex at all since before my period which was about 3 weeks ago at this point, anyway.

My insurance is about to switch on the first and I won't have a chance to get to my doctor before I switch to a new doctor which is probably going to take a few days. A few answers before then would be much appreciated.

Hi honey! I want you to do the 7 day pack! 3days are usually for minor infections - not usually for someone that has had an infection then used antibiotics! Antibitoics usually cause doozies of yeast infections! So do that 1st OK? Also start taking Probiotics Yogurt, and Acidopholus capsules - they sell them EVERYWHERE now! So the probiotics counter attack the yeast build up! Make sure your pack has both the suppositories and the cream! ALSO I would be remiss If I didn't mention to you what several other womeh have told me! To put Probiotic Yogurt on your infection and even inside your vagina!!!! I know that sounds nuts, but not if you really think about it! What is the difference really between a cream suppostitory and a cream for the outside and a yogurt with cultures in it?!!! I also think it would be a bit more helpful for inflamation and pain releif, but that's your call! Don't have sex! And don't use anything scented - either soap, or laundry soap! Actually try and use a non soap, non scented cleanser - you can find them in similar aisles to where the monistat is! Look for Antibacterial Face Wash! This will help keep the entire area clean and dry! And don't wear tight clothes OK? Good luck and healht!

All you people with itching, burning, raw, peeling , irritated, paper cut-like sores on your private areas, in or outside the vaginal area, or even on men, check out " latex & rubber allergies" or " contact dematitis" online &- you may get the answers you were looking for. After being mis-disgnosed by puzzled docs, i figured it out myself .In one day of using hydrocortisone cream from the store, snd switching to no elastc, cotton underwear, I am 75% better! i want to shout it from the rooftops. think about it. if its a prob in your vagina or on your penis, are you using latex condoms? Also, make sure you use a natural detergent or really well-rinsed laundry.

If you're going to end up needing a biopsy, don't put yogurt on yourself, it screws up the biopsy. That happened to me.