Well the thing is, I've have this horrible vaginal itching for the past 3 months and I've read numerous forums and all sorts of people say they have the same issue and their doctors say it's nothing (see I have no insurance so I can't go running to a doctor unless things get way worse) anyways, it's not a yeast infection because I did that whole 3 day treatment - I had told my mom and she said it was 90% likely to be that, and I've never had one before so I didn't know and said ok and tried it, but the itching did not go away at all and there was never any order or discharge.

Then after this time, I noticed a white kinda powder, very light around the outside of my vaginal and I keep washing down there and keeping myself clean, I always do, but more so now because of this and using over the counter cortizone creams. It's still not going away though and I'm worried about what else it might be.

I haven't been sexually active in over 2 yrs, I am wearing cotton things like suggested, checked and we're not using any new soups/laundry detergents/or anything like that so that's all ruled out also.

And just a couple days ago I started getting a bit of discomfort in my lower abdominal area. Not really pain, it's just uncomfortable. But it's also happening at the exact same time that I switch from my usual itch relief cream to this new Cortizone +10 healing whatever. still the same 1% thing as the other, just another brand, but now I've got these pains and I donno if it's the cream or me. Plus if it is me, then I am completely unsure of what's causing all these troubles.

I'm just not sure at which point I should be worried and going to the hospital to get it checked out, since I have no doctor.... and I obviously don't want to go if there's not really anything too seriously wrong with me since I can't afford it. I would say this itching has been for a long time, but from the blogs/other health forums with women posting, some of them have been itching off and on or constantly for 6+ months or so so I've no idea what to watch out for.

Please Help

What are you doing with the hydro cortisone cream?
Mine says on the label it's for external use only.
You're not putting it IN your vagina are you?
My wife used to get yeast infections when she was young and she itched like crazy inside her vagina. She used to say she wished she had a bottle brush o.O to scratch it with.

Of course you don't use it inside.......... If you read further on the label it says that you can use it around your genital area for external itch relief. Unfortunately it's not bringing any relief and I know just how she feels :'( god I could certainly use a brush like that to go at this horrible itch.

I thought that I should add that I've also had some white like discharge whenever I use the toilet. It doesn't have that cottage cheese look to it but it's sorts white/clear and just kinda floats around through the water.

Is it possible that it is a yeast infection and that 3-day pack (the one where you insert those white bullet looking things in) just didn't work for some reason? I was also on my moms old yeast medicine from her doctor since she had insurance. Maybe I just needed something more?

Hi honey! Njoyn asked me to step in here, for some reason I know a LOT about yeast infections!!!!! 8-| ;-) XD Anyway honey you DEFINITELY have yeast infection and you will definitely need the 7 day pack! 3 days are for mild irriration and since you have now started feeling discomfort in you pelvic region you re going to need a longer treatment! Yeast infection can be from not noticeable to blown out totally terrible infections! And when left alone or not fully treated they just keep reproducing and spreading and leaving more signs!

You are following the corrrect procedures as far as cotton underwear etc, also start eating probiotic yogurts and take Acidopholus pills - these EAT the yeast! Try to cut out any white sugars - especially pop and candies! while you are being treated! You can get seperate tubes of yeast cream too, so really slather on the cream - and use the suppositories for the whole 7 days! Sometimes if this doesn't go away you will need to have some pills perscribed to you! But this should definitely help! Wait for the full 7 days to see what happens OK?

Good luck and health honey!

ugh, thank you so much, I really hope that this works this time. I've been looking into going to a free clinic to see about really finding out about what it is. Though they'll probably say the same thing then, but hopefully they can get me those pills to help out even further.

And yeah, I finally got that yeast infection cream so that should really help with the itching, so far it's helping me out now... at least with the itching, not so much with the pelvic pain. Gotta get some yogurt tomorrow and that 7 day pack.

Actually I will tell you what other women have told me - I haven't done it but supposedly it works FANTASTIC - if you get a tub of the probiotic yogurt, these women put it on their labia and inside their vaginas they SWEAR by it! At first I was like "What the heck!!! o.O " BUT if you think about it, there isn't much difference is there? you have a Monistat etc, suppository - which creates a mess, then you have the cream - another mess! So the whole darn thing is messy isn't it! So while you are healing what the heck?!! You could give that a try too! Another great food to eat - NOT wear ;-) 8-| - is Tzaziki(sp) dip! It has garlic and yogurt and cucumber ALL great things to combat infections! Also swallowing about 2tbs of vinegar a day is a great way of attacking the yeast NEVER douche! As this can actually cause more infection!

NOW if nothing happens after 7 days, then you will definitely need to go to the free clinic, but I really think you willl be fine! Also DON'T bathe, just shower OK? NOW I know why all yeast infections come to me!!!! LOL I HAVE to get a life!!!! XD XD XD 8-| ;-)

lol no worries, I don't douche... didn't even know what that was until I was looking for possible solutions and had to look it up since that was listed as being something that could cause the itching >.<

And only take showers, heh, no times for baths it would seem. That yogurt thing does sound really weird, but I'm honestly about willing to try everything because this itching can get so bad. And I've scratched it raw even though I keep trying not to and I about get it healed up and the itching really hits me again so that I end up right back where I started :-( drives me insane sometimes.

It's just nice to know what it probably is... every time I mention it to my mom, she gives me that look and keeps asking if I've been doing anything to where it could be an STD even though I said I haven't.... makes it hard to ask her for help with this trouble. Especially when that 3 day didn't work.....

Actually I don't know why they make 3 day packs!!! I think it's for business women!!!! ;-) XD XD XD It usually takes 5 - 7 days of following it to a T for it to work! Perhaps they make a 3 day knowing that it WILL come back and you will need to buy another one!!!!! LOL Anyway good luck honey! Also IF you are going to use the yogurt DONT use the ones with fruit in it!!!!!!! 8-| ;-) XD XD Try explaining that to your boss when your walking and a slice of Strawberry fall to the ground!!!!!! XD XD XD XD ;-) o.O

OK Bambi, I have a question now, since it was mentioned here. What the hell is a douche good for?
I remember seeing my mothers bag/hose/end, hanging on the back of a door in the bathroom when I was a kid. That was back in the dark ages of personal hygiene and sexual information. Way back --- before the Korean War.

I don't remember if I asked her what that thing was but if I did she probably said it was for watering the plants or something.
What kind of liquid did they put in it and was it actually useful or was it in the category of bleeding a sick patient to get rid of the bad blood?

ok, i just bought the Monistat 7 day so I can start using it tonight along with the outer cream and everything. It says you can use it with your period, and that just started on top of everything else :-( what a way to start off the new year eh?

But something about what I was reading bothers me, it says in the packet that it came with that yeast infections do NOT (yep they had it in caps) cause abdominal pains..... Is this true? cause if so then maybe I should still be getting to that free clinic to see what's wrong with me, especially with this period starting now to... it's 2 weeks early. o.O

Although my sister was here visiting last week, and she was having her monthly visit as well.... for some reason every time I go to visit her for a while or she comes up here, it tends to throw off my period timing... I donno if it's that or just something else wrong with me....

Hello to all im new to this site. first i must say that i've been battling yeast and bact, for 2yr now.......... Ive changed doctors about 6 times. Ive tried all kind of creams and pills for the yeast but nothing has helped. now my doctor wants me to try boric acid. Its a compound only compounding pharmacies can make it.......... I had it for about a month now but im afraid to use it. I will admit my diet is poor and i love sweets. I do wear cotton panties i dont douch. Can any 1 help im going out of my mind :cry:

Hi honey! What you have is actually called "Vaginitis" it is reoccuring yeast infections - it can't be treated with regular yeast infection medication! You have a LOT of build up of Candida in your body - and as you stated you diet is unhealthy - IF you really are commited to getting rid of this you will NEED to go through a Candida Cleansing diet! You can get them at your local health food stores - it's a lot of work and commitment but it WILL cure you!

There are MANY medication that your doctor can put you on for this, BUT it will need your input too - as in NO sex, NO douching, NO sugars, and taking Acidopholus and Probiotic cultures -to ATTACK the candida! Because sometimes doctors put you on actual antibiotics which cause there yeast to continue! Good luck and healht!

That's an interesting phenomena that when two females are living together their periods want to synchronize. I suspect that's why your period timing gets thrown off. Does hers get thrown off too? I just wondered if only one changes to match the other, or do you both change to meet in the middle? :)

Well this was rather god awful, barely got any sleep and my hips/abdominal area were bothering me a bit more then usual last night. (mum said it was all in my head) maybe, though the pain is just back to it's mild thing again and thank goodness the itching is way down, burned like all hell though and still mild trouble with that here or there.

:-( The thought of 6 more nights of this is not comforting in any way. Though I seriously hope that box was wrong and the abdominal pains are from this and not something else that's gotten to be worse or something.