I am constantly getting bladder infections. Of late I am getting an opaque foul-smelling discharge, especially if i want to urinate and and has been holdiong it back until I get to a washroom to urinate. It is very offensive and I am very conscious of it. can you tell me why I am getting these infections so often? I use double strength Bactrim and I used Floxstat but to no satisfaction. The pain and discharge eases fro a matter of maybe 2 weeks and start all over again. I am fed up with this situation as it is embarassing.

Hi there,

Your foul smelling discharge is most likely caused by some sexual transmitted disease. How often have you been having these discharges and for how long? Are you sexually active and do you use protection during the sexual intercourse? I know you probably know this but I will repeat it, it is very important to have protection during sex not just to avoid pregnancy but to avoid sexually transmitted diseases as well. My suggestion to you would be to go back to doctor and tell him to test you for sexual transmitted diseases. I know that this might be very frightening but it is important for you to get the right diagnosis as soon as possible.

All the best,

Danella

I would just like to say that I get this awful smelly opaque discharge and I have not had sex for 10 years and the doctor did tests for STD's as a matter of course. There is definitely an infection.  I am trying to solve this, too. research: bladder infection and magnesium deficiency. Dr. Carolyn Dean had a comment posted on her website about mag. deficiency and how it affected a muscle near the bladder, which caused some kind of constriction. This may have caused an infection to develop. Also, yeast infection cannot be ruled out. Use natural means to overcome this infection. Antibiotics seem to cause a vicious cycle of infection. Maybe try Earth Clinic website. I figured out that this is a bladder infection, not a vaginal infection by wearing a tampon. I thought it would stop the discharge. Well, it did not. The smelly discharge was there in the morning. This is coming from the bladder. I must keep investigating. I recommend lots of water. Alkalize the body. Get away from acid-forming foods and beverages. I have been dealing with this thing for over 2 years. I only realized yesterday that this was a bladder problem not a vaginal infection.