So I've been having this strange smelling discharge from my anus. It only comes out when I try to poop, and I feel like I always have to poop. It's been going on for a week now. I do have receptive anal sex, if that helps at all.

You are showing signs of anal fistula. The symptoms may include: foul smelling mucus discharge from your anus, mild pain and recurrent of anal abscess. For accurrate diagnosis, you have to visit your health care provider.

Hi Yogi91, this could be a potentially huge problem. My sister had also went through the same thing and the most important thing for you at this moment is to go and see a specialist about that, in order to see if there's a real problem or not. If there is a problem, the solution might be anal fistula surgery , but that's one of many options. It is advisable not to practice anal sex, at least until you go to the doctor, and then upon receiving the right diagnosis, you'll need to get a treatment if it comes to that.