I just gave birth 1 month ago to a beautiful baby girl. I had a normal vaginal delivery and only had to have one stitch. For the past week I have been having some foul smelling dark brown almost black discharge. But there is as much of it as if I was on my period. The smell is horrible. I go to my OB doctor on the fith. And I was going to ask her about it then. But I was wanting to know if anybody knew possibly what this could be from or why? Thanks for the help. ;-)

Maybe some residue blood or an infection or yeast. You never can tell for sure without having it checked at the doc. Let us now what the doc said, ok for other women's sake who end up having the same symptoms?

Hi Newbie,
Did you see the doctor as suggested by Marrilyn?. I am having the same problem like you. I have birth with few stich and after 17 days am having that light brown foul discharge. Please let me know how are you doing?

Hello x1frosty16 and Guest,

i am curious too as i just had a baby boy on 12-27-09 and having the same symptoms as you are, but its a brown sometimes darker and not as heavy, but it has a foul odor. Im not a rookie as this is my 4th child and i remember having the same foul discharge but this time it is stronger and its only been 11 days since i gave birth and i remember it not doing this until my postnatal bleeding was almost done. I dont go for a check up until the end of the month, so i was just curious what ur outcome was and i would know if i need to be concerned or not. Thanks. :!: 8)

I'm not a doctor.

Though I'm pretty sure it's just clotted blood leaving your body after birth.
The same happened to me. My OB/GYN told me the same thing.
Said not to worry unless it becomes more frequent and abundant.
If that occurs inform your doctor immediately, on the incase.

Good Luck with Mother hood =)