Im 10 weeks pregnant and i am 19 years old. First pregnancy and it was planned so ive done everythign right to the best of my ability. But i have an off white to a yellowish sour foul smelling discharge..Grose? YES.... i have had a past of Yeast infections the last little while since being pregnant.and did not a whole lot for them. i dont know what i can do. But is there anything else that it would be other then a yeast infection and is it normal for this to happen during pregnancy?

Hi There,

I can relate, I also had yeast infections at the early stages while I was pregnant with both my children. They are a pain, however harmless to the baby at this point.
However if you have a yeast infection when you go into labor there is a chance your baby can contract it while passing through the birth canal. A yeast infection in an infant is called "thrush" can be characterized by white spots or patches in their mouth, harmless to them and can be easily treated with antifungal liquid medicine givin by mouth.
So you need not worry about the condition of the baby, it is nothing serious.
Yeast infections are among the various annoyances of pregnancy symptoms, they are hard to avoid during pregnancy because of the increase of your estrogen level. During pregnancy your vagina produces more glycogen, making it even easier for yeast to grow there. Estrogen usually has an effect on yeast, causing it both to grow faster and to stick more easily to the walls of the vagina.
There are several things you can do to reduce the chances of a yeast infection, try keeping your vaginal area as dry as possible, wear cotton underwear, avoid tight pants, avoid bubble baths and long soaks in the tub, avoid perfumed soaps, scented laundry detergent, and feminine hygiene sprays. Clean your genital area gently with warm water (not soap), and never douche during pregnancy. Eat yogurt that contains a live culture of Lactobacillus acidophilus, which may help restore the proper bacterial balance in your vagina.

Hope this helps, enjoy your pregnancy and the arrival of your new little one. Congrats! :-D

You reported a foul smelling yellowish white discharge. THIS is NOT a yeast infection. I would make an appointment with your OB/GYN as soon as possible. Yellow foul smelling discharge is generally related to sexually transmitted diseases like Gonorrhea and Clamydia.

Hi there, congrats on your baby, but to let everyone know, a yellowish to greenish, or brownish discharge during pregnancy most often comes from a sexually transmitted disease called trichomonous. I think thats spelled right. It is most often called Trich. It is easily treatable. It can be passed from partner to partner, and it is a bacteria that lives within. Like I said it is easily treated though. See your OB/GYN for more help

you should contact your doctor about your problem .. if it is some kind of infection, they will give you the medicine. You can ask your doctor about the "Metronidazole Vaginal Gel" that's the medicine to inject into your vagina. But make sure you ask before you use .. it costs about $50.00 USD

It is totally BV aka bacteril vaginosis. Smells bad, not really a sexually transmitted disease. You need antibiotics. I got the infecion in the first few weeks of my pregnancy and was prone to yeast infections before that. The smell is the most noticable with more then usually discharge. Bad news is that you may get another yeast infection from taking antibiotics for the BV.

It is totally BV aka bacterial vaginosis. Smells bad, not really a sexually transmitted disease. You need antibiotics. I got the infecion in the first few weeks of my pregnancy and was prone to yeast infections before that. The smell is the most noticable with more then usual discharge. Bad news is that you may get another yeast infection from taking antibiotics for the BV.

Hi I am almost 13 weeks pregnant and I'm 20 years old and this is my first child. I am having the same problem with the yellowish foul smelling discharge. I believe its not a sexually transmitted disease because what if you and your partner haven't been with anybody else, but with just each other. I know for a fact mine isn't a sexually transmitted disease because my fiance and I haven't been with anybody else before we got together. I believe its some kind of infection