My girlfriend has got this strong odor coming from her vaginal secretions. The odor is almost like the one we get when faeces is mixed with water or something like it. She is embarrased of it when we have sex. She suspects BV or a Trich. What can be done to prevent it?

Hi, I had the same problem because of bacterial vaginosis- BV; and trichomoniasis is also possible but less likely. The odor of discharge is usually described as fishy, not like feces but it’s not the most important symptom in distinguishing infections. Your partner should see her gynecologist or other doctor. Treatment is effective and if it is BV, you won't require examination or therapy; but if trichomoniasis, you also will need treatment. Trich is sexually transmitted and effects both partners, but BV is not sexually transmitted. Anyway, check up yourselves in order to avoid any further infections and complications.

I just experienced the same horrible odor that smells like feces thing. It is not the same odor as the one described as 'fishy smelling". It is foul! ...and frightening. I had that for a few days with a brown discharge when urinating. A few days later I had pain urinating and the excessive urge to pee every 3 minutes. I also developed a rash which I've had for 2 days now. I went to the doctor who told me that I had a urinary tract infection. I am taking antibiotics. The odor has subsided; the painful urination has gotten a bit better but now I have itching and a bloated abdomen????? and the rash is still present.
I am afraid it is something more than a urinary tract infection. Any ideas?

you might want to look into a vaginal fistula. Thats where your bowel connects to your bladder or other organ.