My partner is fascinated with oral sex just before intercourse. i find that I am getting a discharge from the uretha constantly-a foul-smelling one. Could it be from oral sex/

i also have a partner who loves oral sex (to me) and have been having problems 'down under' since he returned from a trip to morocco (was faithful) i am wondering if bacteria in the mouth especially from not flossing can cause this (bladder AND yeast infection, one after the other)

I have been with my fiance for a year now and since I started sleeping with him I have been getting bladder infections once a month. I have had my urine tested everytime and it comes back Strep. I had a pap done to make sure I am clean and they also do a test for strep. It came back all negative. I had my fiance tested and he is negative for everything as well. I also get yeast infections from antibiotics so I really hate taking them, if you take acidophollus or Florstor at the same time as the antibiotics chances are reduced of getting a yeast infection. I have been working with the doctor and the pharmacist to try and find the cause of the strep. I have been living with this for a year now and I just want it to be over. Just so everyone knows if you find you are getting alot of bladder infections get tested for STD's like Chlamydia, lots of the STD's make themselves as a bladder infection, but don't worry most of them are cured by antibiotic treatment. I was kind of hoping for Chlamydia so I could take care of the infection for good but I am back to square one with finding the cause of these infection. Does anyone know what could be causing the Strep, if neither my fiance or myself are carriers?

I have also had chronic uti's since I got divorces and started living with a new partner. I get about one every three months or so. I neve had this problem when I was married. I am just wondering if my new partner not being curcumcised has anything to do with this also.

All diseases that can be transmitted by vaginal sex can be transmitted by oral sex. Testing in this country is very poor. I had no less than 6 negative tests for Chlamydia through Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp. I finally found a doctor who had a microbiologist on staff, and my vaginal sample went immediately into the lab. Guess what? Positive for Chlamydia trachomatis! It took 4 years to get this correct diagnosis. In the meantime, I have taken loads of antibiotics trying to treat UTI's that kept coming up negative for bacteria with urine testing. I sent the urine to Virginia (United Medical Lab, Fairfax Laboratory) for broth culturing, and enterococcus and staph aureus were found. Did you know that at least 30% of people with one STD have another one as well? Doctors will NEVER test you for ureaplasma or mycoplasma, common causes of UTI's. PCR testing is best (you must be off antibiotics for 2 months prior to testing), as mycoplasmas can take weeks to grow in culture. Testing often misses these organisms because labs don't use the proper growth medium. If you want to avoid a label of Interstitial Cystitis (not to mention constant pelvic pain as a complication), get yourself tested for Chlamydia, mycoplasma, and ureaplasma by culture and by PCR. The culture for mycoplasma and ureaplasma must go to testing in the lab within 6 hours, or the lab won't find anything. If you have had Chlamydia for longer than 2 weeks, and if you have either of the other 2 organisms, you must be on antibiotics (doxycycline in most cases) for MONTHS to eradicate these infections. A week or 2 of doxycycline won't touch the infection, and may lead to antibiotic resistant bacteria if you stop the antibiotics too soon. Please see Garth Nicholson's research on mycoplasma. He also mentions Chlamydia. You can also see Dr. Gabe Mirkin's experiences with these organisms. Please don't delay getting treatment. I was misdiagnosed, and now have constant pelvic pain, and have paid well over $20K in the last 3 years trying to get well. This all transpired after 1 session (10 minutes tops) of oral sex. It only takes once, and your life as you knew it is gone.

Females receiving oral sex have about a 100 times greater chance of developing urinary tract infections over females who never receive oral sex. It's just an artifact of the mouth harboring a lot of bacteria, and the urethra in females being so short.

Yes, I get uti's every time my partner goes down on me. i was tired of the antibiotics too. here is what you can do to minimize the inconvieience. i still get them, but it is less of a big deal now:

1. take acidophillus every day. that will help with yeast infections too. i take 30 billion cfu and it contains 14 strains. every day. if you have been on antibiotics, it will take up to 3 months to repopulate your gut. give it time.

2. i am very fond of a brand called vitanica. you can buy it probably at whole foods, definitely Pharmica, or other earthy, hippie grocery stores or pharmacies. they make a product called cran stat. if you follow the directions (I mean really follow them - every two hours for two days. set your cell phone alarm, ladies), and then three times per day for a couple days. It will go away. If not, go to yoru doctor. Drink a nice big cup of water every time you take them. You may forego the cranberry juice - I do, pills work enough. They cost ~16 bottles for 60 caps. You take two per dose. They are naturopathic (read, made of herbs). Yeah, it takes a bit of work, but the antibiotics meant yeast infections, and i was worried about tossing a-bombs in my body everytime I wanted love from my guy.

3. If you do get a yeast infection, the same company, Vitanica (no, I am not affiliated with them. but they were recommended to me, and i was so grateful to be off antifungals and antibiotics, i want to share) makes a product called YeastArrest. Its a suppository. Shove it up there twice per day. Wear a pantiliner. They make your biz smell like tea tree oil, and it also happens to tingle pleasantly. There's more directinos on the box.

This is what I do. It works ok. the uti is gone after 5 days. I am also going to tell my man to use listerine before he goes down there. we'll see if it helps. its only with oral. i don't get uti's with vaginal.

good luck!

One of the best ways to prevent getting a UTI after oral or vaginal sex is to empty the bladder. It's that simple. If you go use the bathroom afterwards and drain the bladder, it will get rid of the bacteria that have been pushed up into the urethra during oral or vaginal intercourse. Because we have such a short urethra, teh bacteria get pushed inside. I used to get UTI's ALL the time until I started emptying my bladder immediately after sex or any kind. I do this religiously, and I can tell you that I no longer have to worry and stress about getting that UTI feeling! The 2 times that I did not do this, I paid with a UTI.

Where did you get this statistic? It makes sense but I want to know what your sources are/

Use UVA URSI- It was used to treat the following before they came up with sulifides and then antibiotics. Uva ursi is used primarily for urinary tract disorders, including infections of the kidney, bladder, and urethra; swelling (inflammation) of the urinary tract; increased urination; painful urination; and urine that contains excess uric acid or other acids. Uva ursi is also used for constipation and a lung condition called bronchitis. Uva ursi, hops, and peppermint are also used in combination to treat people with compulsive bedwetting and painful urination. How does it work? Uva ursi can reduce bacteria in the urine. It can also reduce swelling (inflammation), and have a drying (astringent) effect on the tissues.

I've done the above for decades......empty my bladder religiously after sex, and since being post menopausal now.....it sure doesn't seem to help anymore. I STILL get UTI's. And now the "fun" stuff of being dry as well......We females just can't seem to win.

I am so sick of hearing UTI is caused by our bad hygiene or our female anatomy. Yes! Intact male sexual partners can be the source of infection. Fimbriated bacteria such as e-coli thrive in the warm moist environment under the forskin. They adhere to the forskin with their fimbriea and then get sloughed off during intercourse. But the mouth is one of the dirtiest environments in the body so oral sex would be the biggest source of infection!

Some women can't urinate right after sex because they are still engorged and must wait till it goes down before urine will pass. I have that problem. So it's not possible for me to urinate right after sex, until later.

I want to know if going down on my girlfriend can give us both uti

I empty my bladder and still get uti's