Couldn't find what you looking for?



Essentially, I have semi fused foreskin, half my foreskin is fused to my penis. For years I've had a small white-lump attached partially to the head and hte foreskin on the left hand side. However, it is tuked in to the foreskin, so I have to stretch the foreskin over to the left hand side, to see the white-lump.

I had it checked out but nothing came from it, however recently I have cut the white-lump from the foreskin and hte head, that wasn't a problem as I believe the white-lump could possibly be dead old skin.Removing the reminder of hte lump from the head is proving difficult.

The lump on my head, I've kinda used the end of a scissor and just basically pulled and then cut in half, it didn't hurt, which makes me think it's deadskin, but now I have two dead very small flaps.

What is your opinion on this lump?


I believe the lump is smegma.

Smegma is a natural, normal, harmless, and healthy substance. It is a mixture of exfoliated skin and skin oils. Smegma collects under the foreskin. It is normally white in color.

 It can get irritating if it stays for a long time without being washed away, so it is good practice to wash under the foreskin periodically.

 Accumulated smegma may get hardened and difficult to remove if it stays a long time such as under a foreskin that is not retracted. Olive oil has been recommended for softening and removing hardened smegma.

 Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

 Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

 When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

 If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”.