I'm 16 years old and my foreskin is attached around the glans, near the ridge, all the way around. I clean it everyday in the shower, as much as I can, it doesn't smell, but I really want to be able to retract it fully. Does anyone know of any methods I can do to try and break the attachment? I've tried stretching techniques and they have stretched my foreskin, but have not broke the adhensions. Is there any creams I could buy that would break it? I really don't want to see my Doctor yet. Please help me, thankyou.

Health Guru
When you say your foreskin is attached do you mean the ridge behind the head?

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”.