Hello I am a 13 year old boy, I have had white squishy goo inside my foreskin, I have looked up something similar called Smegma, this may be the case but it doesn't look anything like it, it looks like chewing gum not dried sperm or any other sort of liquid.

The problem with this is that I have been faced with a problem, a form of Phimosis i beleive... the penis head is stuck to the foreskin, I can only pull it back so far. Anyway the goo appeared under the part that has stuck the two together, thus rendering me unable to clear them out, they appear and push themselves up and i can see them, they then split the part that has stuck my penis to the foreskin and creates a small hole (quickening the Phimosis problem) the largest of these peices of goo was about 5mm in diameter, they always appear in circles, please someone help just knowing what it is or why it's there would ease my conscience. =) Thankyou =)

Hi Jake,

Firstly, before we get into the ins and outs let me reassure you that you're completely normal.

That white squishy goo is infact smegma, a natural protective coating. You should take a warm face cloth and gently wipe the excess away, and don't worry if you miss some.

Also, I don't believe you have phimosis. At your age it is likely that the foreskin hasn't completely separated from the glans (penis head) and will therefore only allow you to pull it back so far. In the next couple of years it will separate and you will be able to pull your foreskin right the way back. You can help this process along by pulling your foreskin away from your body each time you wash, pee etc.

You should keep pulling your foreskin back until it begins to hurt (don't force it anywhere) each time you wash and clear out the excess smegma. Once your foreskin has separated, just make sure you give it a good clear out of the white goo but this may be in a couple of years time.

I hope this has helped you, any more questions let us know and someone will get back to you :-)

Thankyou for your help =)

You're welcome :-D

Have you been able to implement all the helpful stuff that kingfreze posted for you? I hope that you have been! Let me know how you're doing, okay?

Hi Jake:

I agree that you have a lingering fusion of the foreskin with the head. This is not unusual in teens.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection.

Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always. It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all. When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.

Jakethesolo2:

I also think the white stuff is smegma.

Smegma is a natural, normal, harmless, and healthy substance. It is a mixture of exfoliated skin and skin oils. Smegma collects under the foreskin. It is normally white in color. Some people believe that smegma resembles cream cheese.

It can get irritating if it stays for a long time without being washed away, so it is good practice to wash under the foreskin periodically.

Accumulated smegma may get hardened and difficult to remove if it stays a long time such as under a foreskin that is not retracted. Olive oil has been recommended for softening and removing hardened smegma.

Since smegma is composed of exfoliated skin and skin exfoliation occurs continuously, then smegma is continuously forming. You may expect to see more every day.

Jake:

Another way to break the fusion is to balloon your foreskin with urine. It will also help to clean out the smegma.

Urine is a sterile substance when it leaves the body so it is an excellent washing agent. Pinch the tip of your foreskin shut when you pee. Let the urine fill up your foreskin. You will see your foreskin balloon because of the urine inside. Then release the tip and all of the urine inside your foreskin will come gushing out and clean out whatever is inside. This is best done in the shower as it tends to be messy.