I'm 40 years old and stop taking birth control pills last may, 2010. However every month there are irregular periods... last 4 months the cycle become 35, 24, 24, 43,35 and this month around 50 days my period have't come... Until now I haven't check any pregnancy test..

Well, it is definitely common for periods to become very irregular when you stop taking birth control pills, especially if you have been taking them for a longer period of time so your body has well adjusted to the extra hormones birth control pills provided. It takes time for your body to start producing the same amount of hormones that it was producing before in order to regulate your ovulation. You should do the pregnancy test, it should be reliable now, but if it comes negative visit your gyn to find out what is behind this.