I have been on bc for 5 years. Husband and I decided to TTC and my last bc withdrawal period was April 2nd. I then had my first non-withdrawal period April 30th. I just started again May 30th. This period is way different from the previous period and has alot more pregnancy signs. Ive taken tests but were BFN..not surprised.

Im just wondering how do you know when your body is back to normal?

Hi Britt, it should be normal now! Everyday that goes by, the pill will leave your system. So it usually take about a month for normal periods to return. ALSO remember that because you were on it for 5 years, your periods would be different while on it, THEN they will now be different because you are off it AND you are older! 8-| Most doctors want you to have 1 period before trying to get pregnant, because then they have dates to go from. Good luck and health!

I agree with bambi27, your periods should be back to normal by now. If you aren't quite sure when you ovulate though I would suggest the basic ovulation tests that you can by at any drugstore. I just stopped birth control after 5 years as well and I was right on time for my first period. I've read a few places that if you had normal/regular periods before the pill then you should start up with regular periods again. However, if you had irregular periods before the pill then once you stop you will experience irregular periods again. I hope I've helped!