im 30 year old female, about 2 months ago i notcied a small white hard lump on my middle joint of the right index finger, it has grown a little and is as hard as bone, it doesnt hurt apart from when i knock it, then it travels down my finger.

Health Advisor
First it sounds like ganglion cyst, but they are usually not that hard that you described. Hard bumps are sometimes symptoms of dupuytren’s disease, but are usually to occur on the palm. It would not be that painless if is caused by arthritis. I guess that biopsy is needed to get the right diagnosis. What I have on my mind is possibility of development of benign tumor that can develop on finger. Painless and hard lump is seen in dupuytren’s disease and is usually located on the palm, but sometimes at the base of ring finger too. Do you have problem to straighten that finger? Have you noticed changes on skin at the affected area? You should find out the origin of the lump, so making an appointment with your health provider is the best you can do.