Hi there, I'm a 23 year old male. Recentley I have noticed that I have a lump under my skin on my left wrist. It's quite hard in texture but it's not soar at all. I presume this is something I should check out? Does anyone have any idea what this could be.?Thanks for your help.

i think you might have a ganglion. It is a group of cells that form a lump under the skin. I have had a few aswell, and i am only 21. I was told by the doctor to bash it with a book to break up the cells. They call it 'Bible Bashing' cause generally a Bible is a good size to handle, and not to hard. Having said this however, ganglions generally hurt a bit, so i would recommend going to a doctor if it doesn't improve. I hope this helped

I also found a lump under the skin - right on the wrist under my thumb. It doesn't hurt, but is very firm. At first, I thought it might be a bone, but if it were a bone it would hurt, right? Someone suggested cancer. Hope you are correct about the ganglion.

Just found this on the web...
- One traditional method of treating a ganglion tumor was to strike the lump with a large, heavy book, causing the cyst to rupture and drain into the surrounding tissues. Since even the poorest households often possessed a Bible (referring to the large family Bibles), this was commonly used, which led to the nicknaming of ganglion cysts as "Bible Bumps" or "Gideon's Disease." This treatment has a high recurrence rate and is no longer recommended.

I would see a different doctor if he gives you this advice!

Mine was a size of a small pea...I popped it like a zit. Everytime it comes back I just pop it again. Never had any pain associated with it.