Can anyone help me I am expeiencing painful finger joints & Knucle joints in mainly my left hand. I am worse in the evening before going to bed. Also first thing in the morning it is like they have seized up. They are extremely painful to move any of my fingers and i have to run my hand under the hot water with gentle movements to get them going again.

My left hand also on one finger has a vein running down the side of my middle joint on my middle finger, which when I bend it feels like I am trapping or squashing the vein. It is extremely painful to touch any area of the vein on the side of my finger.

Does anyone suffer with the same problems that I am experiencing.

Do not have it but just got this note from a friend -

Keep forgetting..My finger is still sore.
It gets ok for a while and then i will grab a grocery
sack or grip a shoe lace with that finger..next to
index and do this...look at your left hand, flip it
over so you can see the palm side. If you look close
at that finger at the second joint from the tip and on
the side toward the ring finger, you will see tiny
veins there. Well..that is where the excruciating
pain is. It gets a tiny bump and the veins pop right
there. Don't know what causes that..do you..can you
see what i might be talking about???

Have the same problem on the same finger but cannot see any veins. The pain appeared three days ago without any action to cause it. It is slightly better today but the painful joint of the knuckle on the left hand middle finger is very slightly swollen at the sides and very tender. I wondered if it was something I had eaten for there is no other reason I could think of.. I am a vegan and ate some packaged prepared rice a few days ago. That was the only change to my usual diet although I do eat rice but not often.

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. I've woken up with two stiff finger (index and middle) over the last week, I've never had it before. They loosen up after a while but when i bend them it feels like how you described - like a vein is hurting or being pulled. The area where it hurts is slightly red (like when you get a burn from the oven!) I was just wondering if you ever found out what was causing your painful finger, as it sounds similar to my problem??

Hi
I just started experiencing the joint pain on my left index finger. My finger feels kind of numb, a it painful and is red in color. I am assuming it could be arthritis. When I bend my finger it hurts my whole finger!

I just started to have a pain in my joints of my middle finger then after a day or two I had a large bruise on the outside top middle part of my finger I know that I did not hit it on anything to cause that bruise to I am blameing the joint pain for it ???? Now I have a bump on the same finger on the top middle joint on the opposite side where the bruise was ????? :'(

The tender spot could be a pyogenic granuloma. It is a common problem that can occur after bumping the area or for no reason. It is overgrowth of blood vessesls that swell up, kind of like a varicose vein. It can swell up so much that it causes the skin over it to break open. It can start to look like a blister. However,, don't pierce it. It does not contain clear tissue fluid. Rather it is blood that is inside the vessels. My mom just had one removed and it is healing well. You can go onto this website for more info
or type in pyogenic granuloma in the search bar. Good luck.

I have been perplexed by the same issue. There's always like a tiny portion of my vein that gets swollen and extremely painful out of the clear blue. It's like 1/4" of the vein on the side of my finger that gets swollen and I can barely touch it when this happens. It's very weird. It feels like it's going to burst or pop. I just have to let it go down on its own which usually is within a couple of minutes. IDK what this is???

I too have been having this painful finger, feeling like it is seized up thing. One day a couple of weeks ago all fingers on both hands did it for an evening at an art opening I was in charge of .... fun indeed. My first thought was that it might be stress related, as I was under plenty of it that night. Prior to that I had it in one finger then a different finger and so on, but only for a few minutes each, or maybe an hour or two. Prior to all of this, I have been struggling with a repetitive motion tendon issue up the side of my thumbs and into the forearm. I had wondered if they were related. The bigger mystery now is that I know of three other people, personally, having the same issue. So what is that? My physical therapist said she had had the same pain about a week prior when I complained about my issue to her, and today a friend of mine tells me that a dentist friend of ours and someone else working in his office is having the same issue. I live on a small island with only about 8000 residents, so a total of four people having the same issue at the same time, just among the circle of people I know, is a little strange to say the least.
Seems there are several people on this sight who are experiencing this. If there is anyone who has the "cure" or the "reason" that would be great. Wonder what connection there is to stress, since those two seemed paired for me, though could be total coincidence of course.

Gang,
Are you playing video games right before bed? I know I am. And guess what? The vein on my left index finger started giving me an unbearable pain. I stopped playing video games at night and I am OK again. Lesson: STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES. I know they are addictive, but pay attention to your kids and wives! OK, now that she is not at home, I can sneak a quick Fifa 2010 game.
Slds,
Alex

I got the same problem after playing like an hour and a half of COD black ops. I don't think its arthritis bc im 16....

omg this is exactly whats happening to me especially my middle finger ..sometimes i cant even turn or bend my wrist because it hurts too much and im 6 mnths pregnant i need sum help i dont knw whats causing this...

you have rumatoid (i think its spelled wrong) artheritis...

Hi Alice , I too have the same problem and am also Vegan! Have being doing some research and I think it's B12 deficiancy. Lack of B12 (from my understanding) can cause red blood cells to thicken and therefore give you circulation probs. I am off to see doc and will probably start getting B12 injections to see if it eases.

Cheers Tan

carpel tunnel syndrome,look it up.iv had this problem for a few months now and thats what the dr diagnosed it as,it comes and goes but can be serious so get it checked asap.