I had what I thought was a wart growing on my arm. I tried to freeze it off bu it seems to keep growing. Underneath the skin I can feel a hard ball about the size of a b-b. Should I have it removed? Could it be cancerous? I'm a male, 46 years old. I've seen examples of skin cancer and they do not resemble the growth on my arm.

I have the same thing on my right forearm, and I can't figure out what it is either. Mine has been there for a few months with relatively no change in size. Anybody know what this may be? %-)

I have the same thing! It's a smallish lump ontop of my arm, though under the skin, and right where my arm bends. When my arm it out straight, you can see it clearly, but when I bend my arm, it's like it disappears. It is hard, but does not itch nor is it painful. Just confusing!

im in the same boat. Mine is right in between my elbow and wrist, a bit closer to the wrist. There is no irritation or anything above the skin, but underneath I can feel a noticeable lump.

My daughter is six years old and has a lump on her forearm. I started about two months ago. I thought it was just a bite. Now it's grown and looks like a bruise when her arm is bent but when she straightens her arm you can clearly see the lump. It's grown now and it's about 1.5 inches and Dr is going to remove it , but he really doesn't have an explanation for it or even what it is. It does not hurt or itch her at all. I'm still very confused?

what should i do? does anyone know? can anybody help me

About a month ago I too noticed a pea sized knot/lump under the skin on my forearm. It's halfway between my elbow and wrist. It doesn't hurt, doesn't seem to be growing but it isn't going away either. If anyone gets additional information on what this thing is I'm sure we'd ALL appreciate it! I must add that at 14 yrs of age I had what the Dr called a 'fatty tumor' removed from my knee. That had been in/on my knee for as long as I could remember and would ocassionally swell and when touched would shoot off to another location around the knee eventually returning to it's original position. Maybe these are nothing more than a benign, fatty deposit.

I asked my family dr one day and he said it was fat deposits! At that time I only had 2. I have a total of about 8 now and I am thinking I may go for a 2nd opinion.
If anyone finds anything out please pass the info on!
Thanks

Same symptoms here:
I just saw a GP who suggested it was a Ganglion_Cyst & refered me to a hand doctor. I will return with updates from the specialist.

http://www.dynomed.com/encyclopedia/encyclopedia/hand_and_wrist/Ganglion_Cysts.html

I just found one too on my arm between my elbow and wrist. It seems to be sitting on the ridge of my bone on the top half of my forearm. I can push it back and forth but that's all. It doesn't move around from wrist to elbow. It doesn't hurt, but it's a weird sensation. Why can't someone answer what the heck this is.

I just noticed a BB sized hard lump under my skin. It is located on my forearm on the side. It is not visible nor is it itchy or painful. It is somewhat moveable under the skin. 25/yr old male no real history. Just hopped online and found this page. Anyone have a clue?!?

:-| :-) Hi all; I HAVE SOME INFO ON THIS PHENOMENON FOR YOU! My little sis had one of these and I went with her to the Dr. It was a tad higher up than some of you describe though, hers was closer to her wrist, if she held her arm out, palm side up, you could clearly see a small pea shape under her skin. It was very strange and had her very worried even missing work one day (wether that was actually necessary only she and her boyfriend, oh ya and the whole theatre - which was where she went - know ;-) :O ) ... anyways, I digress; So this little knobin was about 2 1/2 inches from the base of her palm, almost in the center but a little to the right of the UNDERside of her forearm. It caused her no pain, did not itch and was flesh coloured (not red or white or anything) It simply looked like a pea had been placed under the skin. Although the day she found it she played with it so much that it got a little tender. When she bent her wrist back it poked out even more and when she held her arm flat or flexed her wrist it was still there. I don't remember if it moved around or was fixed. What I do know is THAT IT WAS NOT DANGEROUS! SHE WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND THEY TOLD HER IT WAS HARMLESS. They also told her it may or may not go away and they would remove it if it bothered her, or to come back in if it changed. I unfortunately don't remember what they said it was exactly, it seems like it was a deposit of something; but if it was fat, calcium, or something else I can't recall.Now of course, this does not mean that if you don't feel comfortable without a professional diagnosis ambigous to YOUR own bump you shouldn't seek it. The human body is a tremendous wonder and psychosematic (I think I spelled that right) things are curious but real, meaning you could actually pshyc yourself into thinking something is wrong, worry about something, stress over and think about it so much that suddenly there IS something to worry over and stress about

i found this, i also have had one for a long time never got it checked

Does it hurt? Have you recently been ill? If no pain,it sounds like a lipoma--fatty tissue. A skin doc can tell you for sure what it is. They may biopsy. Don't worry. Seriously. I see a lot of them there on men. Let me know what the doc says.

I have these lumps too. about 4 on all parts of my body.
I have found this - dermatofibroma as a lead and fibromatoses.

I still dont know what it is but I couldnt believe how many people had the same thing and docts dont know what it is..... idiots!

Good luck and happy researching.

I have, what seems to be, the exact same problem.

I noticed a quarter-sized lump on my forearm, about a week ago, after lifting weights. it doesn't hurt, hasn't really grown or shrunk, and it doesn't move.

I'm a 40 year old man, in above average condition for my age. Right now I'm assuming it's a burst blood vessel since I've started lifting weights again after a fairly long lay off.

I do have an appointment, this Friday 12/07/07, with a doctor specializing in sports-related injuries. I'll make sure to come back and post the findings...keep your fingers crossed !

Take care!