My husband has this hard bump on his right wrist right under the thumb area where the wrist bends towards the side of it it started 1 1/2 ago it first came and went and now it looks bigger just recently . .. . .well today we tryed hitting it real hard with a phonebook and it did not work what do we do and what is it its hard bump does move I don't know if this has anything to do with that but he did get bit by a big dog on the same hand a couple years back. . . 2008 I think please let me know if u can think of anything

Some people will try and hit their hand agianst a door jamb! The thing is, where your husbands Ganglion is it could do more damage than good! And since the book didn't work, I think you need to have this checked - they might have to remove it! As a good friend of mine has them ALL the time, some she can make go away with a good slam! And others she has to have exised! It's quite painless - totally controllable by tylenol etc. And she was just not allowed to type etc for about a week! It could be Keratosis - a thick scar from the bite! BUT that isn't usually like a bump! Please let me know what they doctors say OK? Good look! OH! Another thing just came to my mind! Have your husband soak his wrist in the hottest water he can tollerate - not burn of course - and pour in about 2 full cups of Epsom Salts! This will help draw out any impurities! And right after the soak then hit it with a book! and see! It could be that the Ganglion is SO fibrous that it want disipate with the smack! And soaking it and letting it leach a bit, might be the answer! Let me know OK?