For the last few months I have noticed a hard lump on my lower right back. It does not hurt but sometimes I feel discomfort depending on psture. I can walk and run normally but sometimes it feels a bit weird.

Does anyone know what this might be?

I associate this with the problem my Dad had a while back. He also got this kind of a lump on his back, then this lump started getting bigger and bigger and in the end he made himself check it out with the doctor and it was confirmed that it was a fat tissue accumulated there under the skin. It’s a benign tumor made of fat tissue and could be found mostly on the back or the back side of the neck, they are not painful nor harmful and can’t influence on your health. They only look bad and are not pleasant for one’s eye.
The lipomas are usually in shape of the small peasthat are located under the skin and you can find them just in any part of the body. When they grow bigger, they should be surgically removed as there could be the possibility they could push some other organs and therefore make you troubles.
This is nothing alarming, but you have to check this out with your doctor first!

i have a had a lump centered on my lower back since i was born. it has always been in proportion to my body. it's very tender. i have no idea what is and neither do my doctor or chiropractor. can anyone help me figure thise out

i have a bump in my lower back too. it get larger and smaller but is normally really sore. it hasnt always been there...i dont think. but im a gymnast and just recently noticed it about a year or two ago. i have no idea what it is and im really trying to find answers. can anyone help please?

I have a lump on my back which is on on my right. Its hard but I have no idea what was the cause of it. My question is that is it a back tumor because sometimes my right hand and back feels tired when I do alot of work.

I have a lump on my lower back very close to my spine sometimes it gets bigger and becomes very painful causes me cramps down my right side of my body and tingling in my fingers. I don't know what causes it to grow! My doctor told me there was nothing to worry about but to keep an eye on it - I have had an MRI and ultrasound but nothing showed up. Last week when I was getting dressed my husband announced that no wonder I was in so much pai my lump was the size of half a golf ball. I'm going to the Docs tomorrow for another check up.

i have a lump on my lower back, back of my neck and under my chin, i showed the lower back one to my doctor (as it was causing discomfort) and he fobbed it off as fatty tissue, i then told my friend who is studying to be a RN and she said it was not properly checked and could be more serious. the fact that more have appeared is worrying. anyone have any ideas if it could just be fatty tissue?

Is it around your belt line on your back?
it's a synovial cyst.

Years ago I found a lump in my lower left back. It was causing severe pain and discomfort. My doctor told me it was a lipoma - harmless and painless. Since the pain continued and increased, I got very assertive with my doctor for a referral to have the "lipoma" removed. The surgeon didn't want to remove it either - again saying it was harmless and shouldn't be causing any pain. Knowing my body and the level of pain I was in, I insisted that they remove it. I had surgery and luckily for me I had insisted on having it! The lump I had was NOT a lipoma but a hernia of the muscle tissue. Body fat had gotten stuck in the herniated muscle tissue. It was a quick fix. A hernia of the muscle tissue in the back is extremely rare and even rarer for women. I was a gymnast as a child for years and was very flexible. I could touch my head backwards to my butt! The surgeon believes this could have stretched and even weakened the back muscles eventually leading up to the hernia in the muscle tissue.

Fast forward to today and I just discovered a lump in the same area on the lower right side of my back across from the other hernia scar. I'm experiencing similar pain as I did years ago. I'm currently scheduling appointments and am going to assertively push for this to be addressed. Hope this helps some of you.

Did you ever find out why you where born with it an why it hurts because I have the same thing.

They could be Lipoma's. A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but they can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth. I have several on my lower back where I had a fall many years ago and can be painful at times although Lipoma's are not meant to be. Hope this helps.

But a "back lipoma" is where fat is herniated through the muscle tissue. It's not thought of as a typical lipoma and commonly called a "back mouse." I think the doctor was correct when he said you had a lipoma. I was just diagnosed with one and they are common with woman just rarely diagnosed correctly. As said it is a very quick fix.

As this doctor describes in the link below the back "Lipoma" that you were told you had which is correct and what you actually described is the definition of a back lipoma to a T. Other studies have found they are more common in women than men and usually has to do with some kind of trauma such as a fall or car accident. http://m.steadyhealth.com/medical-answers/back-mice-a-benign-cause-of-lower-back-pain-followed-by-lump-s.html?t=43675