I've noticed white bony growth on my right lower gum, just below my tooth. I think I have one on the left side too, but it's not that white, big and visible.
I've searched a bit and I found images of condition called Torus mandibularis, which means a normal bony growth in the mandible. Lumps on images look exactly like lump I have. 
What worries me is the fact that Wiki article says that it's overwhelmingly bilateral condition. I have it on my right side, or maybe I have it on the both sides, but lump is bigger on the right side. It's painless and it doesn't bother me in any way, except I'm slightly worried it might be something else.

I think you know yourself that this is all more or less educated (or not) guessing, so in reality, until you go and see dentist, you will always find more and more things like "overwhelmingly bilateral" (which means majority, there still are people who didn't have this on both sides and bilateral doesn't mean that they have to equal in size) that will make you wander is it that or isn't it. The other else it might be is tooth abscess or infection that is usually located between the tooth and a gum - it can also cause more or less sensitive hard white lumps on the sides of the gums. But, this is something completely treatable.