I've had a small, round, hard lump on my upper right forehead for at least 4-5 years now. It doesn't hurt and during my annual physical's, my physician has monitored it and has dismissed it as nothing serious. In my most recent visit though, knowing that it bothers me to have it, he referred me to a ENT for further evaluation. After reviewing the CT scan my ENT still does not know exactly what it is but that it's an abnormal growth that has grown into my frontal bone and he's suggested that I have it surgically removed. Although it has not grown through my frontal bone and into my inner skull bone, is this something that I need to be worried about? Is this common? Is there another way I could possibly have it removed? I haven't been able to find much information on-line so anything will help. Thanks!

Yeah .......... the same problem is with me ..... Dont know , how to get rid of it. plz , Help us

I have that too! It's even on the same side as yours, though I haven't had a CT scan of it yet. I'm a 28-year-old female and have had it for about 4 years now. I've asked a couple of doctors that I've seen in the past few years and have been told that it's probably a cyst, maybe from hitting my head on something (which I have not done in that spot). Both doctors said I shouldn't worry about it and one said I could get a CT scan if I wanted to. I usually don't think about it much, but it would be nice to know what it actually is. Have you found out any more information about it?

I have two of them on my forehead, one on each side. I was told that it was from hitting my head. I've had them for about three years, and people are always staring at them. My children tell me that they are my horns. they have grown in size lately, the one on the right side is about 2 inches long and about 1 inch wide, and the left side is 1 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide. What are they?

I wish a specialized physician could answer this. I have had my abnormal frontal lump for at least 10-12 years. It seems to get bigger when I gain weight... now, do not get me wrong this is BONE. It has been Cat scanned twice and its clearly bone.

I have had a miserable weekend because on Friday I was referred to a Neurosurgeon for further studies on it.

There is nothing on the WEB that describes our condition except for this Forum. My questions are:

1. Can this be cancerous?
2. I had trauma on this side of the head by having a crystal bottle crashed on this side of the head when I was 19. Is this a result/consquence of this trauma?
3. Should I get it removed if nothing else for cosmetic reasons?

HELP.....

I have the same problem on my forehead Dont know , how to get rid of it. any answers please share it.

Glad to hear I'm not alone. My wife was the first one to notice mine, before I would have. That was 3 1/2 years ago. My doctor sucks, but he said it's nothing. It's huge though. It's more noticeable when I'm tan because you can see the sides of it then. My guess is it's a cyst near the hair follicle, and that has caused a larger portion of the forehead to swell. It never bothered me, but in the last several months I've actually felt some discomfort there. It feels like bone, but I don't know why my skull would grow in that one spot after like 30 years. I was also hoping it was maybe a muscle. I had a facial tick that I've been trying to kick and it swings the forehead into action. I was thinking maybe that built the muscle up. Probably wishful thinking. Maybe I'm growing a second head. Good luck to all.

I have a lump above my right eye brow - its been there for about a year, its not painful, but hard . I don't like it as it is visible and I feel self conscious. Is there something I can do to get rid of this? Should I see a doctor about this?

I was about 16 when I found out and one girl I knew was like, What is that, There is a lump on your forehead. I was like what I looked in the mirror and it was there on my right side @ the top. I was like I don't know what that is. I'm Now 20 and I was looking @ it again and was wondering is there anything on the web that can explain this. Its like bone (also like I read above) hard and its seen clearly when I'm standing @ a distance. Its kind of embarrassing because I wear my hair back most of the time and I know others can see it too. I just told my bf that I marked with a pen where it lump is he was like I see it all the time you don't have to mark it. I don't know what it is. I remember me grandma telling me when I was younger I was climbing on the dresser and there was a tv on in and the tv fell on my head and I had to get stitches could that have something to do with it. I get headaches almost everyday and who knows that could be something related to the lump. I don't know I wish there was more information out there.

I think these hard bone lumps categorize under exostosis. Wikipedia tells that "An exostosis is the formation of new bone on the surface of a bone."

Two years ago I noticed this apparent lump 2 inches above my left brow and another one above right brow. First lump was occasionally sore. I went to see a doctor and he said lumps aren't harmful because they were symmetric. Two lumps, another one much smaller though. He said also that occasional pain was normal.

I had a long hair so I could cut bangs and hide lumps under a hair layer. Still I'd like to get rid of these annoying lumps because I don't want to have only one haircut for years. I think plastic surgery is the only way to solve this problem.

A week ago a lump appears in center of forehead.....three days later another appears but smaller. I made an appointment with oncologist who is my hematologist just to be sure it's nothing else.

Also have long hair w/bangs but odd I was trying to grow them out. Thats on hold for now. I will post if I find out anything tomorrow.

my daughter has a hard lump on the top of her forehead i,ve allways nown it to be there, she had it exerayed at 12 months old and told it was nothing, she is now 12 and never woried about it until cruel kids at school started calling her cancer head, I have since removed her from that school.

I have had a lump for 2 years on the right side of my forehead. It does not really hurt & is hard. MY family doctor felt it was fat. SO I lost 40 pounds & it continues to grow. My Endocrinologists thinks I need to have it looked at by another specialists. I did find something that might explain it. I have never injured my head before. However, I found an article that appears to relate to my lump: Solitary plasmocytoma of frontal bone presenting as an asymptomatic forehead lump. There is an article on a dermatology website. Google it to find it. I hope this helps some of you.

Iv got a simiular thing but its direct in the middle of my forehead, I noticed it about 1yr ago thinking it will go away but nope, And i can recall bumping my head in that exact spot serveral times over the yr,s, And had some pimples over the yr,s in that exact spot!

Its about 15mm in a circle wide and protrudes about 1-2mm!

If i can get it cut out? Im happy to pay the money cause i cant hide it with hair!

I cant feel any bone in it, It just feel like fatty tissue?

Iv got a similar thing Its about 15mm in a curcle and protrudes about 1 to 2mm, Its less than a year old cause i looked at pictures taken of me through the year!

I can remember over the years of hitting my head in that exact spot and having pimples in that exact spot, My lump is in the middle of my forehead and i find very embarrising , So i allways wear a cap to cover it when ever i can!

I allways thought it would go away cause it felt like fatty tissue but it didnt! And after reading the posts here tonight, I went to my mothers house and got her to have a look and she can feel bone and so naturaly after she said that, i pressed harder on the lump and yea i can feel bone!

If i were to get surgery can they grind down the bone without leaving a scare in the middle of my for forehead?