Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I'm pretty worried about one thing that recently happened to me. You see, about four days ago, while brushing my teeth in the morning, I have noticed a strange thing on my gum on the left upper side. I have never seen anything like this and it looks like some kind of lump. When I tried to push it- it didn’t cause me any pain but I could feel under my fingers that something is moving in it. I didn’t contact any doctor over this because I was sure that it will resolve by it self but I was wrong. Four days are past and the same sized lump is on the same place. I'm very worried about this and I would like to find out that it could be!

Hello. I have just read your post and only advice I can give you is to contact your dentist or oral surgeon because if I were in your place I wouldn’t waste any more time.
There are several things that could cause you this lump and I will tell you some of them. First thing that came on my mind is abscess. This is often seen beside the impacted tooth. The cyst is filled with pus and could be drained if pressed.
It could also be a blocked salivary duct. This is very common condition because there are many salivary ducts in your mouth. This can be surgically solved. I don’t want to scar you but you should know that there are also several bone tumors that can develop in your mouth. Like I said- seeking for professional help is the best step for you.

i had my tooth knocked out a couple of months ago in an sport accident and the tooth got put back in. although it seemed good about 1-2months later this limp appeared on my gum. i had been told by my dentist that the tooths nerve endings didnt reattach themselves and the lump is basically a build up of blood and pus underneath the gum.

i now have to have root canal treatment.

so dont waste any time fooling around.

I have the same problem on my upper left side. Have you found out your diagnosis?

I have the same thing. yet they don't hurt and i can't pop them. i went to the dentist who didn't know what they are.

i have had them for a month. they are a total of 4 spots and i can feel them. they are white a little. they are in groups of 2 that sit next to one another.

anyone know what they could be?

my physican doesn't know either or my dermatologist who thought it was a drug reaction to an antibotic.

so now i been refered to a oral surgeon.

Please ask your dentist to refer you to a periodontist because the bumps you see could be malignant tumors. You periodontist can cut a small piece out and send it in for a biopsy. The early you detect the tumor, the better your chance of recovery.

The same with me

I have this bump for 2 months, feels like a knot and it is moving, it hurts a little

Well the dentist told me he only saw 3 people with the same problem in his life, it is extremely rare condition and he says it is nothing to worry about.

It is under my root canal tooth way down below so it might be connected because I have problems with that tooth

it happened after i used thath waterpik from brown an it pushed some kind of bacteria way down. I throw away the waterpik

My bump is on the lower left side of my mouth behind my last tooth. There is extra space back there because I had my widsom teeth removed quite some time ago. My bump is painful all the time and its about the size of a blueberry. Anyone know what it is???

i'm 16 years old and am experiancing a bump that has grown on the inside of my bottom lip.

im not sure what it is and am currently freaked out about all the possibilities of what it might be.

its not pussing or anything it almost looks like a blister on the inside of my lip but i just learned that this is no blister it wont pop. it doesn't hurt but it is getting larger. i dont feel anything moving in it i just feel a small bubble. anyone with a possible clue please let me know.

i dont want to tell my parents because im afraid of it being something big :/

You should tell your parents. If it is something big, do you think it's a good idea to ignore it?

I have a bump of some sort on the top left side past all my teeth all the way in the back. The bump grows and then (for lack of a better term) breaks off. Then after eating certain foods it grows back, but then breaks off again. Obviously this is a cause for concern.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have the same kind of issue and I haven't been to the dr. yet because I'm Canadian and living in the US with no insurance right now... :-(
I have a big white bump on the top left side of my mouth. Right above the second last molar and it's always really sore. It's been there for about a month now and did stop hurting for a few days but now it's back and I think it's even moving my teeth... Anyone have any ideas?

I am a 24 year old woman and I went to the dentist recently and he told me what it was. If it is soft and it moves it is an abscess which is painful. If it is non-painful and it doesn't move and it feels like a rock it is extra bone. This bone is caused from clenching your teeth at night or during the day. I never realized it but I clench anytime I'm stressed. He said that if you do it regularly bone will start to grow and the bone will never go away. You have to have it surgically shaved down or if it's just a small bump then don't worry about it and stop clenching! It's a bad habit but you can buy a mouth guard to help at night. If you continue the bone will continue to grow and you'll get more as you get older.

I've had it for a few days it squishy and kinda salty tasting stuff comes out when I push it. After reading these posts I'm worried it's a tumor. My mother says my gum is infected and my father says its a mouth blister please help me

I too have this big bump on my upper left gum. It's big and hard and I've had it since Feb 2009. It doesn't hurt, but only when touched or poked. 2 different Dentists (from 2 diff. ofc) have seen it already. The 1st Dentist said it was nothing (didn't show as abcess on xray). The 2nd Dentist said I needed a root canal on the tooth that was underneath that gum with the lump. Did the root canal last March. After 2 months, lump was still there and there was still pain on that tooth that had the root canal done. I was referred to see an oral surgeon. Per oral surgeon's findings (from his 3-D xray), the tooth with root canal was incomplete work, showing missing root on xray, and the lump is probably caused by the incomplete root canal. Went back to the 2nd dentist and had the 2nd root canal done on same tooth last week. It's been a little over a week, the lump is still as big as when I first noticed it 4 months ago. I do clench my teeth at nite. I've just about given up on what this bump is. I can't keep going back to the dentist only for them to be doing guessworks on it. Would appreciate any thoughts?