i use a rescue inhaler (ventolin) and i dont alwayz have 2 use it...jus when i feel the need...not an everyday thing....well I was moving for about a week and didnt use it at all due 2 not having it...when i finally got it I had an asthma attack and it didnt seem 2 work 4 it...could there hav been damage done over that course of a week that would make my inhaler ineffective???
its been over a month and I still cant catch a full breath....any suggestions???
HELP PLEASE!

Heya,

Im have asthma aswell and im also told to use ventolin as rescue inhaler..like b4 participating in game or b4 running for long time etc..and yes many times I have avoided it. actually b4 playing various basketball matches..i used to avoid it as i thought it stops me from running and controls my lungs and its hard for me to play after using it. and due to that i have had many attacks later on. and my doctor told me that my lungs will further get weaker if i keep doing so..sometimes inhalers dont work..take the silver tube thing out and put in again and puff it in air for 2-3 times. and on not catching full breath..sorry i have no clue abt it

That makes a lot of sense that you should have to stop and I'm glad that you're using your inhaler. I think it's really hard to get by without taking it though. WHy would you skip it?

I do not think that not having to use it would have affected the efficacy of ventolin. It sounds to me like you had an attack that was not helped by the inhaler, simple as that. Are you able to see a doctor to get a different inhaler?