Hello, my son has asthma. He is only 8 year sold and I am concerned for his health. Biggest problem is sinusitis, which in acute attack could provoke asthmatic attack. I have consulted his doctor and asked if there is a possibility of operation of sinuses. He is using Ventolin now but I have heard that Asmol is good too. Whats the difference between these two?

I think that you should not worry much because the right choice would be the operation. Number of asthma attacks would be reduced. Two drugs you have mentioned, they are both aerosols and have similar effects. I think that you should stick to the winning combination. Only if Ventolin does not work, try with Asmol.

Both Ventolin and Asmol actually contain the same active ingredient and do exactly the same thing. Asmol is the generic (less expensive) brand of Ventolin, and in this case, they are both made by the same company (GSK). Please note, all generics contain the same active ingredient, but some are made by different companies. However, to be released on to the market, they have to have proven clinical bio equivalence.

There is also alot of unproven falsified data too about these drugs

they are the same drug the difference is that one is more expensive because of the branding

I've just searched for feedback myself, as I've been struggling for several days, whilst using the Asmol. Frustrated and exhausted from lack of sleep and the non stop coughing, I turned to my as good as, empty Ventolin puffer, out of complete desperation and found almost immediate relief. I now wonder what the difference really is?? Will never use Asmol again