I believe that there major sides effects of the depo that was not studied prior to its release to the public and with the help of blogs and word of mouth I want to get a study done to learn the long term risk of the depo. If you or someone you know have had the depo shot for over 1 year and now have problems getting pregnant (been trying for over a year) or was diagnosed with PCOS after treatment and with no family history of PCOS please send me your information: Name, Number, Email, and if possible proof of immunizations (medical records of shots).
Background:
I am a 25 year old female who has been married six years (trying to get pregnant) I started depo before I was sexually active at the age of 14 yrs old and stopped after 3 and a half years. I was diagnosed with PCOS at the age of 18 with no family history. (IF you have researched they say PCOS is hereditary). I plan to make this issue a national awareness, because if you are like me then you know that most doctors do not/ will not question that effects of depo. In my experience they have disregarded that it has taken me 6 years to get pregnant and that I have no family history of PCOS but have it anyway and believe that I have more then enough time to get pregnant. Because of my PCOS my left ovary was taken out when I was 18 and gives me less eggs then the normal woman to work with and I BELIEVE that the depo shot is to blame for both. I would like the nation to become aware and get a grant for research to study the long term effects on women. To do this I first have to prove there is a prevalence to my accusation. I am a microbiology student at UGA and plan to go into Gynecology as a career. SO that is where I need YOU! Please send all info to

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use