Hi. I suffer from lupus. I have experienced severe headaches. I believe I have migraine headaches. Are headaches related to lupus?

Hi. I am not sure headaches are related to lupus. I have lupus, but I don`t suffer from headaches. However, some symptoms of migraine headaches and lupus are similar. The symptoms of lupus include fatigue, weight loss, muscle ache, photosensitivity, etc. The symptoms of migraine headaches include photosensitivity, blurred vision, nausea/vomiting, sensitivity to loud noises. Some patients who suffer from migraine headaches experience irritability and depression, paralysis, dizziness and loss of consciousness. It is possible to suffer from both, headaches and lupus. However, I don`t think lupus can cause headaches.

I was just diagnosed with lupus (SLE) and was put on the medication Hydroxychlor. It puts me right to sleep and I've had a wicked headache since I started it, right through my eyes. I was told that this medication can affect the eyes and was wondering if this medication is an indication that it is not right for me.
Any answers? Thanks.

I had the same horrible headaches, pounding and dizziness (sometimes with fever). Doc ordered Brain MRI and found out I had some swelling (vasculitis) that was causing the headaches. The solution: increase Prednisone to 20mg twice a day (40 total)

I was just diagnosed in April this year.

I have been diagnosed for several years now and headaches can most certainly be associated with Lupus...that being said if you are having severe migrane like headaches contact your doc imm for further investigation. It could mean you are experiencing APS or Hughes as well as Lupus.