I've suffered from headaches for the last 5 years, but they have become more frequent and extremely more painful in the last 8 months. I was first diagnosed with migraines then chronis sinusitus. After taking steroids, my sinuses were all clear, but headaches were not. Next, i was diagnosed with allergies. I think this is bogus- I don't have runny nose, itchy eyes, or frequent sneezing like most allergy patients. My headeaches begin in my eyes and work their way towards my temples and finally to the back of my head and upper neck. It almost feels as though someone is pulling my eyes from the back ofmy head. And sometimes like I'm holding a weight by a string from in between my eyes! Sometimes they get so severe that I'll have spells (lasting 45 s) where I can't seem to get my balance or focus and I'm incoherant, almost drunk feeling. then it goes away. There have been a few times where I've thrown up at the onsight of the headache. I've tried aspirin, ibuprofen, even rX meds like midrin, toradol, ultracet, and every migraine med there is. Nothing even phases these headaches. They are to a point now where they last for days at a time and keep me out of work or daily activities. Recent CTs have shown multiple cists in my sinuse cavitites and I wonder if they coudl be causing unwanted pressure? then I wonder if its more serious and I have a pinched nerve or something? I just want to go 5 straight days without having a headache- and that hasn't happened in years.. please help!!

Look into hormones. Low estrogen can trigger headaches and migraines.

Ok, first question....have you had an eye exam lately? Do you use the computer a lot? Some people need different glasses for computer work than for reading or other activities, because the computer monitor is farther away from us than other things we read. If you haven't had your eyes checked, do so. It could be that simple.

Anyway, some general headache info: Headaches can often be blamed on allergies. A lot of people who were diagnosed with "sinus headaches" actually have migraines (I was one of them).

If your doc wants to remove the cysts, why not? It's not a particuarly bad surgery -- I had sinus surgery and had a deviated septum repaired at the same time and was back to work in ten days. It was uncomfortable, but not painful.

But for the headaches, you need to see a neurologist who has experience with treating chronic headache pain. What you are describing does not sound like the typical pain of a sinus headache.

Keep a headache diary from now until your appointment. Note in the diary where the headache hits, if the pain moves how it moves, what kind of pain it is (stabbing, throbbing, constant, pressure, etc.), rate the pain on a 1 to 10 scale (1 is mildest, 10 is the worst pain imaginable), note changes in the weather, where you are in your menstrual cycle, any meds you've taken and their effect, and what you've eaten that day. You and your physician can look for patterns and maybe figure out what triggers your migraines.

But overall, someone with experience with headaches can be a godsend.

Best of luck. You have my sympathy -- I have "chronic" migraine and am playing "preventative medication-go-round" to try to beat them back.