Hi. I`, 24 yo F and was diagnosed with lupus 3 years ago and now my doctor says I have APS - Hughes Syndrome, according to my symptoms (migraine headaches, memory loss, bluish skin on my knees). So, I`m new here with APS and would like to know more about that disease. I know all about lupus but not much about Hughes Syndrome. Is there a link between lupus and APS? Thanks.

Hi. My sister is also newly diagnosed with APS. Hughes Syndrome, or antiphospholipid syndrome, is, like lupus, an autoimmune disorder. Fortunately, Hughes Syndrome is potentially treatable, when diagnosed. This disease is caused by the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies in the blood, which make the immune system work too much. My sister had a recurrent miscarriage because of APS. Yeah, there is a link between lupus and Hughes Syndrome, 1 in 5 women with lupus have APS.