I had a small car accident six months ago and ever since I have headaches following head injury. I never had headaches before but after this accident they’ve become frequent. I went through CT scan head and also MRI but there are no head or brain abnormalities. Is there anyone to help me with this?

Hi there! I went through the same exams for the same reason I had those headaches following head injury and it turned out that my headaches are of post traumatic psychological origin. And I started to believe it for they stopped bothering me almost a year after I injured my head. So you may count that the headaches you have currently are about to go away. I was actually diagnosed with tension headache and was prescribed antidepressants which helped me in reducing the depression and headache. I suppose that you also feel some other symptoms such as anxiety and depression as well as sleep changes for these are also post traumatic psychological symptoms that may cause headaches. I remember I felt dizziness, lack of a concentration and memory and work difficulties and that was all combined with headaches. So for there’re many symptoms here to be treated along with a headache it is very difficult to determine the proper treatment but I repeat you should go discuss to your doc about taking antidepressants for a short period of time. And in case your headaches are worsening than they might be treated as if they were migraines. Anyway there’re also some other ways that helps in reducing these post traumatic headaches and they consists of having healthy life meaning healthy diet, and develop healthy habits regarding your eating and sleeping time, and also regular moderate exercise helped me a lot.

Hi, I had a car accident almost 18 years ago. I survived a highway head on collision. It was winter and conditions were poor. A fellow coming towards me lost control and hit my car with his truck. Anyways, since the accident I have suffered continuous head pains. Some are migraine like, others are severe burning due to nerve damage. Basically, I am always in pain 24 hours all day and night, etc. I take pain medication to help.

I was very unhappy when I was told by some specialists that I had post dramatic pain syndromes. My pains were from depression and I was probably faking it. This was very untrue. Eventually, some specialists decided that I may indeed have nerve damage.

So, if you suffer headpains due to a head injury, it may actually be real.