Hi. I went to see my doctor. I suffer from headaches. They occur during sleep. I was diagnosed with cluster headaches. However, I don`t think my doc was right. I think I suffer from migraine headaches. Is there anybody who could tell me what is wrong with me? Migraine Vs cluster headache… My headaches start suddenly, during my sleep. My face becomes red. Sometimes I have swelling around the eye.

Hi. I suffer from cluster headaches and I have similar symptoms. Anyway, the symptoms of migraine headaches are severe pain on sides of your head, photophobia, phonophobia and nausea. The symptoms of cluster headaches include swelling under your eyes, excessive tears, red eye, runny nose, and flushed face. Cluster headache pain begins suddenly, usually after falling asleep. The pain is steady and sharp, or burning and boring. It usually occurs on one side of my head. So, cluster headaches Vs migraine – cluster and migraine headaches are similar. Cluster headaches, however, can occur over several weeks in rapid sequence and then disappear for months. Therapy is also similar, for both types of headaches.