I had a medical abortion on February 2nd. I bled heavily for a day or two and then it was just spotting. I started my bcp on Sunday, the 3rd. Started my first period on Feb. 29th. It hasn't stopped! I've had a few episodes where the blood is so bright and heavy and I'm passing clots. It stopped for a day or two last week but then I had sex with my bf Friday night and now I'm bleeding very heavily again. I'm really concerned....the woman at Planned Parenthood said I can bleed up to 6 weeks after the procedure, but it's been longer than that now.

I just want to know if this is normal or something I need to be concerned about. Please help!!

Can someone help me with this? I'm bleeding like crazy and don't know what to do. The nurse at Planned Parenthood said the bleeding is good, as I had a lot of "debris" still at my follow-up appointment. It's been almost 2 months though.

i don't have any advice... i'm actually looking for the same thing. but if it makes u feel batter the exact same thing is happening to me. I went to planned parenthood too and the are telling me the same thing. The bleeding has slowed down now but at one point i couldn't even leave the bathroom because i couldn't control it.

just wanted to let u know that ur not alone :-)

i just spoke with my doctor and she said to double up on birth control pills, take one in the morning and another one at night, to help make the bleeding stop.

I had a medical abortion and was told that if I started soaking two pads an hour is not good and to go to emergency. I would really get an ultrasound and would not rest until I get it done or go to another Doctor until I'm certain that what the Doctor is telling me makes sense. Do research on the internet for how much bleeding is normal. In the meantime you should take some iron so you won't become anemic. By the way I too bled a lot and blood would drip when going to the restroom but not two pads an hour. I bleed for two weeks and spotted a 3 days afterwards and stopped.

I'm still bleeding after a medical aboriton 2 months ago. After the abortion I had the regular bleeding with clots and stuff. Then after about ten days it slowed down to the point that I quit wearing pads. Then about two days later I had a really stressful day and was in really hot weather and I started bleeding again...and haven't stopped. I bled heavily for a few days about 3 weeks after my abortion passed big clots again! I am soooo scared. The bleeding is really light now...like a pad for a 24 hour period. But i am wondering what to do!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

@ yesica

hi am goig through a similar situation... i had an abortion 3 weeks back, bled for two weeks thn stopped fr 2 days and thn i had a stressful day and i hav started to bleed heavy again/... should i get an ultrasound done and how is the situation with u noe .. did u hav to get a DNC done..?
am sh*t scared too...

Hi am also going through something similar.I had a medical abortion in May , I bled for a week and a half not too heavy though.I had a bacterial infection after i got treated for it, but my thing is that I haven't got back my period as yet.The doctors tell me usually it takes about two months to back but am not pregnant.Am also assuming that the medical abortion isn't that safe after all.
I

Hello, I had a medical abortion nearly 5 weeks ago now and I am still bleeding and it has completely disrupted my life. On week three, I was passing clots and soaking more than one pad per hour. I went to hospital to be treated dismissively. I had my abortion done by Marie Stopes and they told me I only had to take a couple of days rest before I could resume normal activity.

Clearly, I could not resume normal activity even weeks after, because sometimes the bleeding was so heavy that it gushed through the pad and through my trousers. The disruption and emotional effects of such a prolonged process have been particularly detrimental to my life.

I think women deserve the right to be appropriately informed about the effects of a medical abortion and not told that it should take a few weeks at the most and you will only need a couple of days rest. For this reason, I have decided to write a feature on this subject- the differences between what the professionals say and what it is really like.

Women deserve to know the reality of what they may face.

I have read a lot of stories on here that suggest that things turned out much worse that expected or informed. I want to hear your story. Please email me at joannevellul@googlemail.com

I had a similar pattern, expected amount and intensity of bleeding during the first month, bleeding tapered off to a very light spotting. Then my period came, almost on time, EXTREMELY heavy, with huge clots, I almost passed out. It never stopped...after 2 weeks of persistent bleeding, very, VERY heavy at times, to a point I became severly anemic.

I had a D&C done, felt great for about a week, bleeding was light to moderate, no pain. Then, out of nowhere, the heavy bleeding came back, with no pain again, and very large clots again. It lasts for different amounts of time and even happens during the night, after almost no activity the previous day/s. Nothing is seen on the ultrasound. It's been 3 months since the abortion itself (medical), 2 months of this strange bleeding.

I've read about quite a few similar stories, but no one ever commented on what the problem was or whether it sorted itself out.

I'm on birth control now, to try whether it will help with the bleeding.

Can anyone help?

In Aug 2008 I had a surgical abortion, I was 6 weeks. This is not my first abortion, last abortion everything went alright. This time I went to Planned Parenthood. Light spotting same day, then no bleeding. Started Nuva ring, next day like they told me to. 3 weeks later, starting have really painful cramps and heavy bleeding. Went to the emergency room, they did an ultrasound and found out there was still tissue from the fetus. My body was trying to expel it and the pain I was feeling were contractions. Pain did stop but bleeding still there lightly. Went to Dr a week later, she just said that it was my first period and they are usually bad. Even though there was proof of tissue. She said it will just work its self out. Bleeding stopped for two weeks, then came back for two weeks. I stopped bleeding for another week. Now I am bleeding again and its really heavy and has an odor. Oh and I did stop the NuVa ring when I first started bleeding 2 months ago, bc has never been good for me. Normal menstrual for me is 4 days, with 1 or 2 days of heavy bleeding. Now it feels like I will never stop bleeding. Calling Dr again tomorrow. Is it just coincidence that most of us went to Planned Parenthood?

im having the same problem i had a medical abortion dec 23 or sometime around that and im still bleeding the other night me and my boyfriend were having sex and i started to bleed and a clot came out i was soo ashamed i don't kno wat to do HELLPP !!!!!!!!!! SOME ONE

I had a medical abortion over 6weeks ago and i am very concerned also. The bleeding seems to be intamitant but when i do its heavy and it varies from very fresh blood and old. the last to weeks i suspect is a very heavy period but went to teh dctors and she said it shouldnt heavy for 2weeks.. thats defo not right. I could possibly have a infection or something esle going on but evryones body is differet you know. i think its going to go away then i get a lot of blood in my urine on a lot on the pad still which is worrying. Going to ask the doctor whats happening even though i saw her last week for a swab to check for infections concerned theres more going on there than realised. But i know there is a tablet that can be give by doctors to calm down the bleeding but you have to be checked for a infection 1st with GP. My freind had it after bleeding for 4 weeks after a miscarraige and it stopped it.

But if i knew what a ordeal this type of abortion would be i would of opted for the surgical one (DNC) as tis has been horrific for me physically and mentally.

I had a medical abortion 1 month ago, i have been bleeding evry day since but barely any clots, but the last couple of days it has become alot heavier soaking through my trousers more then twice a day, also soaking through at night, I also keep gettin really bad pains, am unsure wheter or notto go to doctors or to wait till bleeding to stop, please help x

hi everyone, in september 09 i had a surgical abortion and everything seemed to of gone well, then in december (3 months later) i woke up in a pool of blood from head to toe so i went to the doctors and they said to me it just ur (mc) and then that day i started bleeding all day and night and i started losing very large clots the size of my hand, i couldnt even stand up it would just pour down my legs, so i went back to the doctors and said look this isnt my mc this isnt right there is something wrong, so they give me some iron tablets to take and something acid which is ment to stop the bleeding, so i went home took the tables as i was ment to nothing changed so i went back to the doctors and they said well there is nothing we can do, so i went to a and e and they gave me the same tables but only stronger so i took all them and i was still pooring with blood, AND i started going all dizzy and i could feel my heart going to fast and i new something was rong, so i rang 999 and they took me into hospital and they done tests and took blood then they said to me your stay in that night in hospital i had 4 blood transfusions i was on a drip and i was on 6 pills aday, and drip drug and another dnc cuz they done a scan and said there is a 3cm placenta left in side me i couldnt walk cuzx i was that ill , i nearly died i am so lucky to be3 alive is what all the doctors were saying to me, i was in hospital over a week all christmas, fingers crossed it hasnt come back, but to this day they still cant tell me why i was bleeding and what it was and why did they not do anything sooner, in total i was bleeding 11 days before i went into hospital, if your really scared keep going back to your doctors and hospital cuz u dont want to be like i was belive me!!! if you want to no anything else u can text or call me on 07506829888, i hope this all helps xxxlaura