ok...so on the 6th i had the surgery. on the 11th i was constipated. on the 12th i was given some God sent stuff called phosphosoda made by fleet. if anyone is having trouble going after surgery due to constipation ask your dr. about this stuff. better yet ask about it way before you even have any signs of constipation. reason being is cause if you are constipated and cannot urinate because of it you may have to go in and get a cathater. Guys (i can't speak for women cause i really don't know) if you have never had a cathater, it is the most painfull experience i have ever had in my 31yrs that i can remember, and i'm sure i wont forget it either. I'm sure if i had known about phosphosoda before i wouldn't be here telling you how bad a cathater is. Now if you have to have a cathater then by all means do what you gotta do cause its a bad thing when you don't urinate. I'm just warning everyone before it gets this bad. i'm looking for a good recovery now and hopefully i wont get stopped up again.

good luck, drink lot of fluids...WATER mainly ( it helps in keeping the bowel soft).

LOL i remember after my surgery I still hadn't urinated after a day and they told me I was gonna get the catheter if i didn't go soon. Right! So I got up and marched out to the nearest coke machine for a nice cold Coca-Cola. I knew it would get me going and it sure did.