Ok so here is the whole gory story: This is sat. night, on Tuesday I had really bad diarrhea for a bit after about two days of no bowl movements. Now Im constipated again. Had a few BM's since then but not much and the last two days Im back to nothing. I have been having cramping sensations even though Im no where near my period and bloating. I do get gas pains but they go away when I pass the gas. Now it seems Im getting a urinary tract infection: pain when peeing and feeling the need to pee a lot with not a lot happening, also when I wipe there is some blood a few blood clot things. I read this could be from a UTI as well. Are these connected or just my bad luck? Anyone with answers or help would be greatly appreaciated.

Psyllium fiber supplement, a natural bulk forming laxative, is good for both diarrhea and constipation. You do have symptoms of UTI. However, I don't think the two situations are related. Cranberry juice is a home remedy for UTI. There is a good youtube video on this. Also when you wipe, do so from front to back. This will prevent coliform bacteria from entering your urethra to give you an infection.

Thanks for the info. My friend also told me cranberry juice, guess its time to down some stuff I hate. Lol. Though now it seems all symptoms of a UTI are gone. No pain, no blood when I wipe, nothing. So maybe it was a passing thing though even so the blood still worries me. Not cramping anymore either, at least not yet. Will be taking a trip to the Doc monday just to be sure its nothing major.

If you don't like cranberry juice you can definitely water it down with water if you want but try to get in about 8 oz. Also just plain water helps a lot with a UTI. The worst thing you can do is drink caffeine, because that exacerbates the problem. No soda, no coffee! How are you doing now?

Thanks for the tip. I had been going to go to the doctor but I was doing a lot better so decided to skip that. Im alright now so Im assuming whatever caused it passed through my system. Thanks for asking.

hey, I actually just had the EXACT same thing happen to me, I have no idea if they are connected but I had diarrhea and took some psyllium husks then a few days later I got the same kind of abdominal cramps that you are talking about, followed by sever lower back pain. When I went to the clinic and they tested my urine to see the cause of the UTI the doctor said that it contained psyllium and red blood cells, so my guess is that they are somehow connect, meaning that one can cause the other.

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I am having that exact problem right now. And it's not the first time either. They have to be connected. I'm wondering if it isn't the pressure from the constipation pushing on the bladder and such causing the bladder to become inflamed and irritated. As for the rectal bleeding, I'm guessing it's just from pushing when trying to either have a bowel movement and/or pushing to urinate. That can cause a fissure or tear, or a blood vessel to rupture (doesn't mean it's dangerous, it's actually quite common).

I found this and thought I'd share it as well... 

Constipation can cause the rectum (the part of the large intestine that connects to the anus) to swell, which can put pressure on the bladder, preventing it from emptying normally. The remaining urine can then become infected by bacteria.

I am having the same exact thing happen to me. I have been constipated for the past 12 hours and i have abdominal cramps. Then now it hurts severely when i urinate. I am planning on going to the doctor. I am out of town so i am absolutely miserable. But i have to hang in there.