I would like to know if eating a lot of ice can cause internal problems like tearing and bleeding

Eating ice, or having cravings for ice usually mean that there is some kind of deficiency in your body, or that there is some problem with your stomach. Main bad effect eating ice will have on your body is obvious - eating ice may lead to chipping of teeth and eventually result in teeth fall outs. Usually, strong desire to eat ice means that there is iron deficiency in your body and that you are potentially anemic.

I love ice. I've been eating it ever since the Army gave me my new teeth in 1959. I was in Georgia. It was Summer. It was hot ---- to a boy who was born near the 43rd parallel! I was in school and the Army had not yet heard about air conditioning for the barracks or the class rooms. The post theater was air conditioned so we went to the movies often.

They served Coca Cola in a cup that was filled with small ice cubes so they didn't have to use too much Coke. The first three months I was at Ft Gordon I was gumming it because they pulled out my teeth while I was in basic training at Ft Dix. They called us all in for a dental checkup and that's when they discovered I had no teeth. Apparently they were supposed to have given me new ones before I left Dix but the Army screwed up. That's new eh? XD

After I got the teeth, those Cokes with the little ice cubes were really great. With plastic teeth I could chew those ice cubes without getting an "ice cream headache". It was also a novelty to be able to chew hard stuff for the first time in my life. Growing up, my teeth were so bad the only meat I could eat was hamburg because it was soft. Most people remember the days from childhood when they had a tooth ache. I remembered the days I DIDN'T have one.

So I ate a lot of ice as soon as I got those teeth and I've enjoyed chewing the ice in nearly every drink I get with ice in it, ever since.

I'm going to try Aloe Vera on my friend that did this for 40 yrs and now has a deteriorating stomach. It is very healing if you get a good one. Doctor says there is nothing you can do.