I have become increasingly interested in natural family planning, and am currently using the charting to avoid method of birth control. Still I hear that while some people chart to avoid for many years without fail, others end up pregnant quite soon. Are there any herbs around for birth control that are reliable?

Of course there are numerous contraceptive methods that involve herbs, as well as herbal abortion methods too. Their effectiveness is disputed, and I do not recommend the use of herbal birth control unless you are able to accept that the effectiveness is not proven. Wild yam is one such herbal birth control herb. Apparently this was discovered by a midwife and has been used for decades. Some people report great success. Overall though, I think herbal birth control is no better than charting to avoid.