I just found out that I am pregnant again, and this time I will be doing things a little differently. I had a lovely birth in a birth center with my daughter, three years back, but I wished that I had known about herbal treatments to stay in the zone and stay focused, peaceful and calm. Any suggestions?

Sure, there are many calming herbs, and the majority of them can be safely and responsibly used in labor as well. But not all herbs are compatible with pregnancy and birth, so you should probably ask your midwife about this. I think camomile is always great to have, and lavender is also known for its calming effect.

Honey sticks are wonderful to have on hand in labor. They can give you a quick energy boost just when you need it, without having to sit down for a whole meal, which some women do, but personally I don't feel like eating in labor much. Motherwort tea is great for after the birth, and can help with afterpains.