I bought a book about herbal medication, more out of curiosity than anything. I was surprised to see herbs for deafness were mentioned in the book. Deafness cannot be cured, right? So what are these herbs for deafness all about? Does anyone know more? Please relieve me from my curiosity!

I too suffer hearing loss, (sawmills chain saws as a teenager). I did web search and found only one site with any positive herbal treatments. As for there effectiveness I no idea. These are used directly in the ear. (Herbal Legacy)

One statement on some possible causes I found of interesting.

"Definition:

Inability to hear clearly.

Cause:

1. It has been proven that certain types of drugs, including aspirin, can cause hearing loss. Antibiotics such as kanamycin, dihydrostreptomycin, and gentamycin can contribute to deafness. The side and after effects of inorganic drugs take their toll on the body. This is why we prefer to work with herbs and foods which operate synergistically (in harmony) with the body."

..... dez

"Definition:

Inability to hear clearly.

Cause:

..... dez