Hello. I'm 25 year old female and last year a become a young mother.
So, you must understand why I panic sometimes where the reasons don’t seams that serious.
Just the other day, my little girl was crying all the night, her neck lymph nodes were enlarged and she had high fever. I took her to see her doctor and he sent me to do some complete blood count in local hematology division and then to contact him the day after. The results showed high white blood cell count!
What could this mean?

Hello. I was just reading your post and I really don’t think that you're acting anything different then the every mother should act.
Your child is sick and there is nothing wrong to panic a bit when you realize all this. I don’t know how much do you know about all this but I know that white blood cells, also called- leukocytes are the infection-fighting cells in the blood. So, the high white cell count means that there is some kind of infection in the organism. There are several types of leukocytes such as lymphocytes, monocytes, eosinophils, and basophils. Because you also mentioned swollen lymph nodes in the neck- we probably talk about some throat infection which are very common.