i just had a recent urine sample that showed high white blood cells, but after it was sent to the lab, no infection was found. also, recently i have been on Cipro (antibiotics) for two weeks, which makes it even more strange that i have a high while cell count. any ideas as to why my urine sample showed this? please let me know.
thanks!

Hey man. This is a rather strange case to see, because why is your white blood cells count high if your lab results came up clean? So, this might be an indicator of some infection possibly. Also, are you allergic to something, because it can be the trigger for the count to go up as well? This is curious. I suggest you go to a doctor and do a full body exam, in order to see if there is anything wrong because that's the best option, finding out on time is the key to preventing from any serious conditions to happen.

My mom is going thru the same thing as we speak. They are checking for Luekemia. The Dr. said that Luekemia could be the cause of the white cells increasing with no infection. Please see an oncologist.They can steer you in the right direction. Good luck.

Hello there,

Unfortunately the poster above me has a good point because the most common cause of the increased white cell count without infection is Leukemia. Unfortunately you are aware of all the facts that this condition brings with it so the sooner you do the test and visit your doctor so he can refer you to the oncologist is better for you.

It is known fact that every disease, if it has been diagnosed early, can be treated with more success than the disease which has been diagnosed in later stage.

Also, there is a chance that they have made mistake when they were doing the test so you can do it again just to make sure that the result is reliable.

i just read on another page on here that anti-biotics can increase your white blood cell count, as can having a virus or cold... hopeing its that, not Leukemia

I had a single lung transplant approximately seven years ago.  I presently have  high white blood cells with no apparent infection. It is accompanied by sporatic low grade temperature.    

I always have high white blood cell count but have no spleen.any idea?????

I have been going to the same doctor for a couple of years. For the last 8 months she has been testing my blood and putting me on different atibiotics. My white blood cell count has been about double what it is suppose to be. My gauldblatter was removed durring this time and we thought that might have been it. No the chance of an infection has been ruled out I am wondering what it could possably be. I hope it is not cancer. I am going to hemotolagest is there any chance it could be something besides cancer?

High white blood cell count cud mean that there is inflammation somewhere in the body,such as it can occur in the gastrointestinal tract for people who have inflammatory bowel disease.It could also mean that your immunity is down if there has been a recent infection which has now cured.I would therefore suggest that you go for another round of test to rule out any underlying infections before jumping to any kind of conclusion.

What did the haematologist say? I knw a person with similar conditions bt got no solution.

Perhaps you should consider a different doctor....diet has much to do with WBC count.

Mine is high because of tea, Brazilian nuts, garlic and other good foods.

I also don't have a spleen and a really high white blood count. They are sending me to a specialist this week.

How high was your WBC?

He is referring to a high blood cell count in the urine, not blood. The idea of Leukemia do no arise. If he has it in the blood, then Leukemia can be suspected