My mother was diagnosed with lupus few months ago. She manages to feel fine with the treatment. However, at the last check-up, we found that she had high white blood cell count. I would really like to know what this means. I am afraid that something went wrong. Am I exaggerating?

Hi, there. High white blood cell count usually means that something is happening. However, it doesn’t have to mean that it is connected to your mother’s lupus. Maybe she has some sort of infection. Sometimes stress can also cause high levels of leukocytes. There are million factors that can cause it. Since I am not a medical expert, I cannot give you a precise answer. You should consult an expert. If you find out something, please let me know. Bye!

Hello. Thanks for replying. We will go to my mother specialist tomorrow, but I am impatient and can’t wait till tomorrow, but I will have to. If I find out something new, I will let you know, don’t worry. We had some stressful event in our family last week, so it can be a cause for this high white blood cell count.